Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any DIT Heads

Options
  • 26-09-2003 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

just wondering if there are any DIT heads about.

Started back last week, find myself wandering around the corridors aimlessly until i find the snackery :D

In Kevin Street BTW
    FT228

so, any others from boards there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah in FT228-3. What year you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

yeah im in aungier st doing marketing 3rd year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

ft228/4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

FT228/2 Doodee what year u in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

FT221/4

Ye computer science boys would want to get on to the muppets runnin the netsoc server - it's been down for 4 months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ft228/1

hehehe, soz, forgot bout this.

err, yaz wanna meet up sometime?

any more boardsters going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Originally posted by DMT
    FT221/4

Ye computer science boys would want to get on to the muppets runnin the netsoc server - it's been down for 4 months...

I thought they'd all gone off to greener fields? Anyone wanna start a new one? :)

im up for it. ***, the college network needs a look at.
    wonder how much effort would be required to make our own version of Redbrick :D

Sure all the netsoc guys were doing final year projects last year so their more than likely gone now i think someone should take over and run it properly - your best bet is to start with the SU

Well as far as i know there people who have taken over the netsoc. I think they are in FT228-4 (not too sure about that). Not sure on exactly what is going with them, but a new Netsoc wouldn't be a bad idea if the old one is dead.

• Advertisement

Hmmm,when are the sign ups for the netsoc?

anyone play the 5 a-side in astro park on thursday?

these 7 spanish erasamus heads destroyed everyone!

good day tho!

Originally posted by Doodee
    Hmmm,when are the sign ups for the netsoc?

During freshers week i would imagine. Thats if the soc will be around at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

hey everyone :)

DIT AUNGIER ST here, DT 521 year 2
    just wondering why carlow it and Tipperary have they own boards... wheres the DIT one at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The lack of boards probably has something to do with the fact that DIT is for weiners *** ***.

wow sangre, your input is always appreciated gg :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FoXXy
    hey everyone :)

DIT AUNGIER ST here, DT 521 year 2
    just wondering why carlow it and Tipperary have they own boards... wheres the DIT one at?

Hey I did your course until last year!

now im doin 3rd year marketing and e business still in aungier st.

DT521 is pretty good craic id say!

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    Hey I did your course until last year!

now im doin 3rd year marketing and e business still in aungier st.

DT521 is pretty good craic id say!

hey
    hows your course going? i was thinkin of doing that myself when i finish up dis year!
    as for this course, its going ok so far but the timetable is pretty bad cos its just a whole load of hours spent down in the SU in between lectures :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Dar
    I thought they'd all gone off to greener fields? Anyone wanna start a new one? :)
    That's what happens when a netsoc is run by computer science student and not computer engineering students. :f33r:

The old server's still got to be lying around in one of them maths computer labs somewhere...

Originally posted by DMT
    That's what happens when a netsoc is run by computer science student and not computer engineering students. :f33r:

The old server's still got to be lying around in one of them maths computer labs somewhere...

would prolly happen reguardless of who ran it, it's just the socs fault.

• Advertisement

hey
    hows your course going? i was thinkin of doing that myself when i finish up dis year!
    as for this course, its going ok so far but the timetable is pretty bad cos its just a whole load of hours spent down in the SU in between lectures :(

yeah thats a bummer alright! same 4 us last year.

marketing and e business seems good -only done a few days so far though but ill let you know what i think if you are interested in doing it next year.

all i know so far is the hours are grrrrrrrrrreat! ha ha! (priorities, i know!)

Im in IT now but going on the hop soon cos the soccer trials are on out in grange gorman!

Does anyone know when athletics club is starting back again
    Also did anyone see the taekwondo demonstration today? wow!

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    yeah thats a bummer alright! same 4 us last year.

marketing and e business seems good -only done a few days so far though but ill let you know what i think if you are interested in doing it next year.

all i know so far is the hours are grrrrrrrrrreat! ha ha! (priorities, i know!)

Im in IT now but going on the hop soon cos the soccer trials are on out in grange gorman!

priorities? only priorities i got are how to scam money outta my parents and when my next night out will be..... oh and of course world peace and all that etc. hehe

if u can lemme kno how the course is goin cos i'm thinkin thats the route i'll b takin next yr :confused: u got msn? might b easier to tlk there. lemme kno :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

roar_ie from ft228/4 and a friend are gonna take over the running of Netsoc

..... and im in ft225/4, for those who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Dt266/3 here,
    I see netsoc came back online today, nice :)

priorities? only priorities i got are how to scam money outta my parents and when my next night out will be..... oh and of course world peace and all that etc. hehe

if u can lemme kno how the course is goin cos i'm thinkin thats the route i'll b takin next yr :confused: u got msn? might b easier to tlk there. lemme kno :)

ha ha! yeah, you sound like me! havent been out with the class yet this year but think we are tomoro (thursday) night. Dunno bout goin' to the freshers ball seein' as we're in 3rd year now! Spirit might be a better option!

Most of the time im online is when im in work and we can't get on msn from here unfortunately!

we had "team dynamics" today which was a laugh - all our lecturers seem fairly sound! We're doing HTML too which is peasy and we have a bit of craic doing it!

what the hell is netsoc and why have i not heard of it before?

I dont think you heard of it because your in aungier st? Its run from kevin st... maybe thats the reason but im not sure.. Its the computer society in DIT www.netsoc.dit.ie

Originally posted by Repli
    I dont think you heard of it because your in aungier st? Its run from kevin st... maybe thats the reason but im not sure.. Its the computer society in DIT www.netsoc.dit.ie

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Hey All,

As mentioned netsoc is back up and running, however there are a few problems with the web page, or so i have been told.
    Clubs and societies days are Monday and Tuesday the 13th and 14th of october in Gleeson Hall in Kevin St. We will have a table set up on both days so come down and sign up.

BTW I am in FT228-4 and so is the other guy running the Society

roar_ie

Advertisement