Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any DIT Heads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yea, was talking to a mate of mine (Chris) he mentioned about the soc day.

btw, any idea on which first year that inquired to take over the society? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

You maybe? lol ww)
    Clubs and socs day in kevin st is monday/tuesday btw

in the gleeson hall.

and no, i did not enquire to take over the soc.
    i was waiting for my chance to just walk in and hold the head of computing hostage till he gave it to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Originally posted by roar_ie
    Hey All,

As mentioned netsoc is back up and running, however there are a few problems with the web page, or so i have been told.
    Clubs and societies days are Monday and Tuesday the 13th and 14th of october in Gleeson Hall in Kevin St. We will have a table set up on both days so come down and sign up.

BTW I am in FT228-4 and so is the other guy running the Society

roar_ie

Well good stuff for getting things back together again for Netsoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

any one from aungier st see the iron stomach comp???

hillarious!

• Advertisement

yea, some of the freshers stuff was fun.

we could HEAR the wet t-shirt comp from our lecture on the third floor but i missed it! dammit!

hehehehe. yea. missed the frshers ball though. had to work :/

Originally posted by Doodee
    hehehehe. yea. missed the frshers ball though. had to work :/

yeah i missed it too but went up to spirit instead and had a brilliant time - our first class outing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

sadly i missed all the events - was pretty sick and ended up in stoopid hospital all last week:( but i thought nothing too interestin was goin on cos i've heard nothing bout it from ppls in college today?!
    anyone wanna give me a quick run thru?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by FoXXy
    sadly i missed all the events - was pretty sick and ended up in stoopid hospital all last week:( but i thought nothing too interestin was goin on cos i've heard nothing bout it from ppls in college today?!
    anyone wanna give me a quick run thru?

you didnt miss a huuuuuge amount. It was a bit of craic on the big bouncy things they set up down by the pool place and I heard the freshers ball was good in Fireworx but I was in Spirit that night so dunno. The B&E society had a big iron stomach dealy out in the court yard (the first time ive seen people out there actually!) with much puking and laughing etc. DJs downstairs were good too. we should have them all the time!

Actually duz anyone know why no one ever goes out in the couryard? or why the doors are always locked?

Meanwhile Marketing and E Business is going swimmingly! Really getting into it now that we're starting to get to know people in our class. Subjects all seem fine to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Hi all,

Im in FT228/1 and i was one of the dj's in the pool area on freshers week.

Im from the Kevin Street DJ SOC but i think will is gogin to have DJ's down there at least once a week.

Just if anyone is interested in the DJ SOC u can give me a e-mail on davemcg@eircom.net, we are starting the kevin street one up now and we got about 30 members yesterday and today. so everything is going grand. We are planing trips to homelands and other danec events which should be good craic.

For people only starting the art of DJ ing we are gogin to be running classes and other stuff like that. Workshops and so on...

As for the entertanment we hope to do somethink like we did in the pool area but we would like to have somethng in the snackery perhaps once a week.

Have a good year!

ah ok. wouldve liked to be round for some of the dj's cos i heard there were good tunes bein played down there! i was only talkin bout the courtyard the other day cos i seen people out there today but i never thought we were sposed to go there..? someone else mentioned that the dj soc were gonna be playin out there on thurs? not sure how true that is and i wont be in there on thurs cos its my day off :) YAY!

then again u cud always be the trend setter and just keep hangin out there till ppl get the idea:confused: i'd do it but its freezin out hehe

*Shelly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    we could HEAR the wet t-shirt comp from our lecture on the third floor but i missed it! dammit!
    When and where did this happen?

The wet t-shirt comp took place on the monday i think it may of been tuesday, but i think it prob mon...lol

I did not atcually see it but i heard form a good few people that it was not very good. The girls did not even take off there bras. And there was a fella in it too.

Other things i saw was the "Who Wants Too Win 100 Cans". I for one did want to win till i found out they were cans of coke and 7 up. But twas good craic anyway.

And there was a dj in the outside place he was only there for a bit befor and after the eating comp though!

You should of went along and checked it all out!

Originally posted by DjDangerousDave
    Hi all,

Im in FT228/1 and i was one of the dj's in the pool area on freshers week.

it was deadly havin DJs downstairs!

Im not a DJ nor do I claim to know about DJing as I am a guitar boy but I have a suggestion.

I have a remixes cd of the Stone Roses stuff by mixed by 808state, Paul Oakenfold and Rabbit in the Moon type people and it's really good!

I think if you guys mucked around with that kinda stuff it would be brilliant.

One guy did 7nation army by White Stripes which seemed to go down really well.

Originally posted by DjDangerousDave
    The wet t-shirt comp took place on the monday i think it may of been tuesday, but i think it prob mon...lol
    But where???
    Aungier St??

Yeah Aungier St.

cos aungier st is the best DIT, and before anyone starts bitching at me for sayin that....
    breathe, look around and then succomb to the that is i'm right ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I go to kevin st and even i would say aungier st is a better college ww)

• Advertisement

yeah prob just cos it's newer!

oh and we have hotter girls in aungier st!

food is better in snackery, kevin st though!

but im just glad im not in bolton st! *shudder!*

he he he!

argh!!

had a long reply all ready to b posted then my pc crashed.. so jus pretend there's a long reply here k?

oh and kevin st smells pretty bad, dats y i didnt like it! but as nasty as bolton st is, its got cute guys so u dont notice the surroundings 2 much

pfft, bolton street.
    Aungier is nice. there just seems to be a larger Girl - Guy ratio than kevin street.
    o well, we have the knackery anyways

whats this i hear about a cheerleading society!!!!????????????

Originally posted by Doodee
    Aungier is nice. there just seems to be a larger Girl
    I have seen this larger girl....

Originally posted by DMT
    I have seen this larger girl....

yeah the college would look alot bigger without her in it.

she kinda dwarfs the canteen!

yet again the pc crashes when i go to post.....

i'm in the cheerleading society for the fun of it, seems to be alot of men joining it tho.... the images will scar me for life i reckon! hehe

Originally posted by FoXXy
    yet again the pc crashes when i go to post.....

i'm in the cheerleading society for the fun of it, seems to be alot of men joining it tho.... the images will scar me for life i reckon! hehe

deadly!

so you gonna come to the soccer matches????

without even hesitating to think of an answer NO. i hate soccer big time, only just starting to like rugby for some reason, but thats bout it for me.

u going to this haloween thingy on tuesday in redbox? cant wait for it, gotta sort out my costume tho... any ideas?

• Advertisement

anyone join any clubs or societies?

Advertisement