Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any DIT Heads

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by DMT
    I have seen this larger girl....
    Ya.... YORE MA! :D

well, i joined the netsoc, find the web space a handy tool to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I rejoined netsoc aswell other ones I signed up for were taekwondo and athletics although I did them last year too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Anyone know who those two guys playing guitars and singing in the pool room in Aungier st today???

Polarbelly- Id imagine you'd know!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Id imagine they were from either Guitar soc or Music Soc.

One of those societies has a gig going with the DJ Soc so that they share the SU area between them.

I is PRO for the SVP Soc btw.

Originally posted by ballooba

I is PRO for the SVP Soc btw.

I don't think there is a guitar soc. in aungier st and it defo wasn't the music soc cause i know the guy running it and he didnt know anythin about it!

what does your last sentence mean????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    what does your last sentence mean????????
    PRO = Public Relations Officer
    SVP = St Vincent de Paul

Seriously, what kind of thickos are there in Aungier St...? :D:D:D

Originally posted by DMT
    PRO = Public Relations Officer
    SVP = St Vincent de Paul

Seriously, what kind of thickos are there in Aungier St...? :D:D:D

What does this mean??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

now now boys. play nice :)

oh and btw it wasnt the music soc cos they were playin on thurs werent they? and as far as i kno they only allowed play down there once a week. :)

Originally posted by FoXXy
    now now boys. play nice :)

oh and btw it wasnt the music soc cos they were playin on thurs werent they? and as far as i kno they only allowed play down there once a week. :)

nope, the music soc is only meeting for the first time tomorro

a guy in my class is running it

my bad!

dunno who's who these days :)

• Advertisement

my bad!

dunno who's who these days :)

yeah aparently there's a 'guitar' soc and another music related soc aswell -then again these are usually the result of someone saying on the 1st day of the year "im starting a >whatever< society" and never actually doing it!

plus a cheerleader society that doesn't cheerlead!:D

hehe i'm in the cheerleading society...... could just imagine the mess i'd make if i was let cheerlead so its in everyones best interest its not active!! ( i'm thinking of other ppl here honestly!)

by the way, have u noticed how us two seem to have taken over most of this board???? oopsy ;)

hehe i'm in the cheerleading society...... could just imagine the mess i'd make if i was let cheerlead so its in everyones best interest its not active!! ( i'm thinking of other ppl here honestly!)

by the way, have u noticed how us two seem to have taken over most of this board???? oopsy ;)

yeah in theory it was a good idea but was never really got off the ground!

Herbie (guy in charge of Sports and Socs) was tellin me bout the day the girl who won the wet t-shirt comp came into his office and said "do you think the boys on the teams would MIND if we came along?" ha ha ha!

It might have a chance of working if we had a pitch nearer the actual college! Tomorow is our first home game and it's in bloody grange gorman over the north side! Its crap for me cos im the only southsider on the soccer first team!

lol silly silly girl.. of course they'd mind... doesnt she know that women and sports dont mix? hmmm. gud luck wit ya game tho. i'm gettin fed up of constantly replyin on this board but if ya want to email or woteva just pm me and i'll give ya my addy ( if ya lucky!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

i just finished in kevin street last year was in dt287. i repeated first year internally so i spent a grand total of four years there. now ive transferred to nui maynooth and since that i can honestly say that kevin street is a kip. everyone who goes there knows it even if they dont want to admit it. the snackery even though its generally a cool place is just such a trap. many a time have i spent my whole day in there drinkin and smokin. you just feel like **** when you get out of the place.

have they managed to stop smoking in the snackery yet? i dont mean cigarettes either. does the head porter still to his sting operations? he is such a sly oul b*stard. i remember me and my mate managed to wrangle our way out of being caught with splitt. that was my victory day....

Whats the story with all this talk of the Palace Wednesday nights coming back??
    I thought they split the downstairs in half and got rid of the upstairs??
    THere was a huge poster done for it last week in Aungier st for it, just wondering if anyone actually went! It'd be kinda surreal if that place started up again! Sooo many memories!! I dont kno if i could actually bring myself to go!

Also, is there any news on RAG stuff this year? THey should go back to having it all in the same week! I know its a bit early to be thinkin of but Im real lookin forward to it!
    I'll also be putting in a strong vote for another wet t-shirt comp like in freshers week! AND THIS TIME I WONT MISS IT!

he he he!!

Originally posted by gobby
    have they managed to stop smoking in the snackery yet? i dont mean cigarettes either. does the head porter still to his sting operations? he is such a sly oul b*stard.
    Ironically, there was one such covert sting operation by him today. He succeeded in eliminating smoke from the snackery for a total of 3 minutes.

And you have my sympathy having to go through 4 years of WAED. Thrust me, SEE isn't an improvement....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by DMT

And you have my sympathy having to go through 4 years of WAED. Thrust me, SEE isn't an improvement....
    i imagined it would be like that. i had the option of transfering into this but decided id had enough of the deparments cr*p.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Hey, didn't notice this thread before but im in FT001 (Product Design, its new) which means im in Bolton St, Aungier St and Mountjoy square. Bolton St has been gettin a bit of a bashing here but its got a good atmosphere and the areas i'm in are grand, although i have seen some of the more dingy areas. Anyway i have quite an unbiased opinion since i'm in the 3 locations but i have to say aungier st wins(apart from food). shame i'm only there 3 hours a week

Also, is there any news on RAG stuff this year?

Last week of Jan there will be 2 events.
    First week of Feb there will be 2 events (one of which is RAG TRIP, Feb 5th I think ).

No news on whats happening yet.

• Advertisement

fantastic

man the rag trip in first year was the best night of my life barr none!

Originally posted by ballooba
    Last week of Jan there will be 2 events.
    First week of Feb there will be 2 events (one of which is RAG TRIP, Feb 5th I think ).
    So again there's no Rag Week this year?
    The student's union just get more fucked up every year.....

Originally posted by DMT
    So again there's no Rag Week this year?
    The student's union just get more fucked up every year.....

Yeah no rag "week" is crap

SU is far too worried about all these new laws and stuff.

Though this guy Joe Savage in Aungier st SU does do a super job. i know him a bit. Really works hard and uses the ol' loaf!

Yeah no rag "week" is crap

SU is far too worried about all these new laws and stuff.

Nothing to do with leglislation.

DITSU has a responsible alcohol policy which does not permit promoters to use alcohol as the main theme of a night. This means that promoters are not allowed to advertise drinks promos.

The government has introduced new laws to discourage nightclubs from having drinks promos. This was done after the DITSU responsible drinking policy came into effect.

RAG Week was an unsuccessful format. Only half the events were attended which resulted in the RAG Ball losing €80,000 (not sure of exact figure?) in 2002. This is a huge chunk of the SU's budget.

My company was responsible for helping the SU advertise the events last year. It was a nightmare, no one knew what was going on, even us. Should be better this year.

Extremely fair point!
    There's always a couple of nights people dont go to rest for the nights after!
    I was a class rep in 1st year and i think that year they lost loads was 2001 when they had the u2 cover band and ali gee take off guy!!?? I was at the meeting with the presedent and all those guys and i think the figure may have actually been120,000!!!! Like you, im not 100% sure but im pretty certain it was north of 100,000 anyway! Insane!

Advertisement