Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Artical] WMD's?

Options
  • 26-09-2003 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

In other comments, Mr. Powell said that he had expected that illegal weapons would have turned up by now, but that even if the weapons themselves were not found, the war against Iraq was justified because Mr. Hussein had the capacity to make the weapons and a record of using them.

"I would have expected something to be found," he said. "But it's not clear to me yet that we won't find the evidence we're looking for that would, once and for all, make the case incontrovertible."

"I think the war will be seen by history to be justified because we removed a regime that did have these weapons and gave us no reason to believe that they had eliminated them," Mr. Powell said. "If you want to believe the claims of Saddam Hussein, be my guest."

From today's (Friday) New York Times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

In other words:
    No we didn't find anything, even though we promised you we would. 
    But we [i]could[/i] have, and that justifies the entire war effort. 
    Saddam is a bad man (tm) and you can't believe anything he tells you. 
    We, on the other hand only tell absolute truths.

Well done Mr Powell. It takes talent to say that with a straight face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

I am planning to build weapons of mass destruction in my back garage! Oh no! I will be attacked by the for force of the US military!:rolleyes:

I still find it funny how the Saddam was meant to have WMDs (which could be deployed in 45 mins), but not photocopying facilities to copy a few documents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

ok so if we follow this trough , we Europe should invade the US because they will eventually **** up with weapons experiments as shown n many of Their movies.

Let's go !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Wook
    ok so if we follow this trough , we Europe should invade the US because they will eventually **** up with weapons experiments as shown n many of Their movies.

I was on the floor when I heard about an old chemical weapons lab in Maryland turning up some undocumented vails.
    Let's go !

No it's "Lets roll".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Originally posted by sovtek
    No it's "Lets roll". [/B]

argh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Geromino

You may try, but you will fail. When you fail, you will forfeit your lives. Now, who will be the first to try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Geromino
    You may try, but you will fail. When you fail, you will forfeit your lives. Now, who will be the first to try?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

Advertisement