Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple ASDL question

Options
  • 26-09-2003 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I still use eircom.

If I want to get UTV/IOL ASDL must I also take their telephone service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

explain your problem with that ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

UTV yes, IOL I don't think so.

I can't understand this general reluctance towards CPS.

adam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by dahamsta
    UTV yes, IOL I don't think so.

I can't understand this general reluctance towards CPS.

adam

I don't think people fully understand the whole idea of CPS. I've told people that changing to UTVXL would save them on their internet charges but when I say they would have to use them for phonecalls too they lose interest even after I explain that calls through UTV are cheaper than €ircon. The one thing that may push CPS is single billing if Comreg ever get the finger out and have it implemented. I long for the day I never have to see another bill from €ircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by myhandle
    I've got shares in Eircom :-)

You've got what?

Is your name O'Reilly perchance? Soros maybe?

Originally posted by LFCFan
    The one thing that may push CPS is single billing if Comreg ever get the finger out and have it implemented. I long for the day I never have to see another bill from €ircon.

While single billing is important in itself, it is not the key. What really matters is having a single company to dealy with.

At the moment, as has been documented here many times, if you move to a cps service and have a problem, you end up in the classic "system integrator's" nightmare - being the ham in a sandwich between the CPS provider and eircom. With each of them accusing the other of being a problem. Thats what stops me from adopting a CSP service, both personally and in business. Once we get single billing, with it comes a single point of contact, one company whose job it is to fix the problem. Thats the real attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah UTV telephony is definatly the better option over Eircom.
    UTV Xl however, is getting progressivly worse.
    If I can change to IOL Anytime , I will, but I will keep UTV telephony.

Maybe I sold them, I don't know, I got a telephone directory size booklet and forms to fill out, a few times.

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!! Yet Another

attentionwhore.jpg

Maybe I sold them, I don't know, I got a telephone directory size booklet and forms to fill out, a few times.

OK, so youre obviously richer than O'Reilly, Soros et al. At least they are still poor enough to feel the need to track their shares, while you’re in the fortunate position to have no such need..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

De Rebel, I agree with you that this "sandwich" (good term) needs to be sorted out, but I get a strong impression that most people that are reluctant to switch actually /don't know/ why they're reluctant to switch. It just seems to be a general inbuilt gut reaction. I'd love to figure this out, I can see domain names for an instructional campaign swimming past my eyes. I still owe them a black eye for eircon.org...

adam

Originally posted by De Rebel
    OK, so youre obviously richer than O'Reilly, Soros et al. At least they are still poor enough to feel the need to track their shares, while you’re in the fortunate position to have no such need..........

Yes. If they WANT to stay with Eircom after they were forced to sell their shares for less than they are now worth then I must conclude that Turkeys do indeed vote for Christmas.

This is espcially so when they cannot remember who took their feathers off 2 christmases back. They probably also think that CPS is a nasty disease that you will catch if you go to Cork on holidays so whats the point ?

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The problem with cps is that its fine until something goes wrong then both sides basically say it's the other sides fault and nothing gets fixed (at least with eircom i can ring an engineer i know whowill look at a problem) if i was with utv then it would be that'd be eircom's problem , ring eircom that would be utv's problem.
    i seen it with a raft of telecom services oover the years and nobody is ever prepared to take responsibility for sorting the problem out when things go pear shaped.

Advertisement