Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rivaldo Released

• 26-09-2003 2:18pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seems Rivaldo has been released by Milan

Strange move, anyone any ideas why this happened?

Could be a good signing for a number of clubs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Ronaldo is after publicy saying he has been at Perez to get him to come to Madrid dont know if there is any truth in it ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

He will go to chelsea cos they need another forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There are only a few teams about that will be able to pay his wages I'd imagine. Is a shame, would like to see him in the premiership but I can only see one club that will have the quids to keep him.

Chelsea cos madrid are bankrupt barca should sign him back beacause their president is gone and they have anew coach but they have a foreigner problem and huge depths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I really don't think he will be worried about how much he is earning as long as he gets back to football. I really hope he doesn't go to Chelsea because as far as I know he is a left winger so he will push Duff for his place and Chelsea don't need any more midfield/forwards.

I don't think he'll be going back to Barca. In my opinion I think he'll got to Arsenal but thats just my usually wrong guesses.

• Advertisement

arsenal have no money thats why they had to loan out their youngsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

He's coming to Newcastle. Bobby Robson said he'd love it for him to go there but at the time he didn't have the money. Now he has it so I'd say he'll make a move for him.

might make bullumy wake up and score some goals he only scored four goals last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

He might have only scored four goals but his work rate was second to none. And he never gave up on lost causes. His injuries were the only problems last season and the start of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Would be a great signing for Newcastle could turn around their season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he is linked with Réal Madrid and Middlesbrough
    says so on Sky Sports News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Me puts a quid on Man Utd getting him ,he is the perfect foil for that team even if he only plays X games.

He isnt a left winger he plays up front in the same role that Giggs does cept Rivaldo a lot better at (most games).

Afaik he wasnt well liked he was bought by the chairman and that didnt go down to well.
    having Rui Costa amongst others in the same position wasnt good for him either.

Think Seaneh is a Milan fan he will know.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i just hope he goes to newcastle.Arsenal have some money i believe wenger was given 10 million for the next four years (minus Lehman's fee of course )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Rivaldo was on a £3m-a-year contract at Milan. He was rubbish when I saw him playing. He's slower than Ian Harte, and he can only pass sideways these days. He'll probably feck off to Qatar like the other I-know-I-can-still-play lads (so long as ye give me tons of cash).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Bah, hes still a great player - Would like to see him return to Barca, but I am wondering if he will dissapear back to Brazil.... Maybe he will go to the premiership, but I doubt it, strongly. Maybe someone like Torino will come in to sign him to keep in Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Believe me he was paid much higher than that 200,000 euro per week works out at about 10 million per year.Considering the amount Milan were paying for him im suprised they didnt try a bit harder to accomodate him. Hes a free agent now so he should be snapped up in know time. I doubt he`ll go to boro even tho despite being crap they still manage to sign good players southgate mendieta juninhio maccarone etc.

I expect him to be signed by either chelsea, Valencia or serie A rivals AS Roma.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rivaldo was always surpluse to Milans squad, Players like Rui Costa and Pirlo fill his role a lot better and now with Kaka onboard he bassically had no chance of playing.
    He had a small chance of playing up front if Sheva and pippo were injured/playing crap, but both are on fire and Tomasson is more suited to Milans play as a striker, Also the coach LOVES marco borriello, so he would be picked ahead of him also.

I see it as a good move for Milan and Rivaldo, Milan ow have a High wage spot free incase they need a player at short notice and Rivaldo can persue his final years at a lower Level (Germany, France or England).

The coach always said that Rivaldo would be a squad player, which at Milan means simply this, he joins the ranks of Tomasson, Redondo, Brocci, Laursen, Serginho and Roque Junior at the bottom of the pecking oprder for thier posistions.

Rivaldo WAS a great player, and maybe he has 2 seasons left in him, but he doesn't fit milans structure any more.

I reckon that he will join The Gunners or liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    Believe me he was paid much higher than that 200,000 euro per week works out at about 10 million per year.Considering the amount Milan were paying for him im suprised they didnt try a bit harder to accomodate him. Hes a free agent now so he should be snapped up in know time. I doubt he`ll go to boro even tho despite being crap they still manage to sign good players southgate mendieta juninhio maccarone etc.

I expect him to be signed by either chelsea, Valencia or serie A rivals AS Roma.

Rivaldo was paid no more than any other Milan player, which means he got no more than 90k a week, an i doubt he got even that much, that wage class is reserved for players like Rui Costa, Shevchenko and Nesta, Rivaldo would have to earn that wage, I'd say he was on 60k a week along with Pippo and Maldini.

BUT he did get a 1m sign-on-fee, which is pretty big for a free transfer.

Oh, and how in the hell does 200k a week add up to 10 million?!?!?!

200k a week? dont be mad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

200,000 x 52 = 10,400,000 so 10.4 million yoyo's

Tinky :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Seaneh
    Rivaldo can persue his final years at a lower Level (Germany, France or England).

LOL@lower level.

I watch Serie A every week on Eurosport and wouldnt consider it a higher level unless you talking about boredom then its the top level of football.
    :)
    kdjac

Well, I would consider Seria A and La liga above the premiership and the German league (cant spell Bundes-whatever)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well, I would consider Seria A and La liga above the premiership

I'd watch it if I have a bit of Knitting to catch up on, Otherwise it bores me to tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

We are so used to the premiership thats why a of us think its the best league. I'm sure if you were Spanish or Italian you would think that your league was the best. I personally wouldn't watch an average Spanish match like Sociedad -v- Mallorca but I'd still say that the standard of the Spanish and Italian leagues are better than the Prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by eireboy
    We are so used to the premiership thats why a of us think its the best league. I'm sure if you were Spanish or Italian you would think that your league was the best. I personally wouldn't watch an average Spanish match like Sociedad -v- Mallorca but I'd still say that the standard of the Spanish and Italian leagues are better than the Prem.

fine point sir. Its really down to wat you grew up with. There was a time, in our infancy, when the only teams we knew where those two red ones from england.

I hate continental fb but im sure Id be into seria a or la liga if one of them was my local league an prob wouldnt like the prem!

As regards quality I disagree, I think the other leagues have alot more 'star players' in the way of skilful midfielders/strikers but the grass roots of the teams are weaker than in england - imo the average prem player is better than the average la liga player even though Ronaldo beats the sh!t outta Shearer. If you know what im getting at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

Meh Moneh is on Chelesa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Milan asked him to change his mind and come back. he said yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

he's only staying 'til christmas with milan.

Advertisement