Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ellison 9 - the hub friday 3rd of october

Options
  • 26-09-2003 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

howdy,

i've just ditched my name and formed a band called ellison 9. it's made up of members of my old band and a couple o newies. we'll be playing some of the older tunes and a lot of new stuff.

our first gig under the ellison 9 name is...

the hub on friday the 3rd of october.
    6/7euro in. doors 8ish. herm (kev from el diablo and co.) plays support.

an ellison 9 record should be out before the new year.

cheers,

derrick devine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Oi! Devine! Are you behaving yourself?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

oh yes i am behavin'. well actually no. i've been telling fibs. again.

it's actually 8 euro in to the gig on fri. sorry. my bad.

if any money is made it will go towards the recording of the first ellison 9 record which will hopefully be out before the new year.

it will not go down my gob in the form of pints of beer, i swear.

how you damon, when's that lovely soundin' record o yours gonna be out then eh? eh? eh? eh?

der

cheers to all who came along to this.

so what do people think of the hub?

me i am sitting on the fence about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Thanks for the great gig! The new stuff rocks!

It's a nice enough place, toilets leave a lot to be desired though!

xxx me

cheers memaeve,

next up is the ruby sessions tomorrow night (without al the murdering scot cop dummer alas) then recording and then roll on whelan's at the end of november.

oh by the way i had a quick listen to yer cd today n liked it.esp. tracks one n three. nice one.

der

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Thanks! Sorry I can't make it to the gig tonight, try and enjoy it without me though :) No murdering cop? (Well done for figuring it out by the way, whod've thunk?!)
    Oh, I learned "Hope-Dove" on the piano last night!
    Might see you on Thursday, if not best of luck for that one too!
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by der

next up is the ruby sessions tomorrow night (without al the murdering scot cop dummer alas)

Funny that - never seem to catch you and him together!

Dr Murdering Cop and Mr Devine methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭sanvean

Originally posted by der
    if any money is made it will go towards the recording of the first ellison 9 record which will hopefully be out before the new year.

I got a flyer for the gig and it said all proceeds were going to charity. But then it also said it was only five euro in. Maybe it's only the extra three that went towards the new album?

eh your mistaken there. the ad you saw was for the ruby sessions gig we did on the following tues. the proceeds of which as always go to the simon community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by sanvean
    I got a flyer for the gig and it said all proceeds were going to charity. But then it also said it was only five euro in. Maybe it's only the extra three that went towards the new album?

You know when someone says - "What do you think I am - a charity or something?"... in Derricks case the reply is yes.

The Derrick Devine Fund for Disillusioned Troubadors.... because musicians need a pint too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭sanvean

Originally posted by der
    eh your mistaken there.

eh right so. just wondering what the story was.

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    [
    Disillusioned Troubadors.... [.[/i] [/B]

for this read:

lazy muzo spongers.

Advertisement