Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Fada Shortcut?

Options
  • 26-09-2003 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I Fada

Creating a shortcut in Microsoft Word for I fada

You go to Insert, Symbol & short cut key.

It does not want to accept ctrl+Alt+i
    Whats going wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You need to change you regional settings, Local and Input Local to English(Ireland). Then you get í. Try Alt Gr (its on the right of the spacebar) + i. That works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Xenzo

Cork wrote: »
    I Fada

Creating a shortcut in Microsoft Word for I fada

You go to Insert, Symbol & short cut key.

It does not want to accept ctrl+Alt+i
    Whats going wrong?

I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Doesn't right alt/alt gr + i give í in word, does in notepad and here on boards?

Just noticed Evil Phil beat me too it, teach me to post while busy doing other stuff.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

If anyone is using Word 2010 then there are many "Common Symbols" keyboard shortcuts already available. They can be seen under:

File>>Options>>Customize Ribbon>>Keyboard shortcuts: Customize
    and then scroll left pane down to bottom and select Common Symbols. Chars are then down the right pane and selecting them will show the shortcut such as:

Ctrl+',A gives you á, Ctrl+`,Shift+A gives you À etc.

Not sure about earlier versions of Word - will check 2007 when I get a chance (suspect it's the same) but dont have a 2003 install handy to check if these were there back then.

Advertisement