Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A-Z of Quake-

Options
  • 16-06-1999 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

well this might get a laff out of one or two of yee....yeer all so serious lately

Thanks to PAUL2[MOO] for this......

A quick A-Z...

Admin: A person of God-like stature. Whatever they say goes. Possessing 'admin rights' means the person can slag people off on web pages and generally act like a right **** for any reason at all.

Bot: A method favoured by Swedes for aiming instead of using 'Skillz'.

Camper: Someone who secures a key area on a free for all, such as behind a teleporter, or in any dark corner where they can use all their skills at the same time. (Being able to press fire.)

DM4: The only level really worth playing, besides ukooldm4. Also, the place **** people don't like playing.

Eyes: Things that make you hard to see, unless the other person has the 4K pak file, in which case they would probably turn into a shambler or something.

FFS: This actually means "I HAVE HAD A FEW BAD SPAWNS AND I HAVE BEEN SHOT IMMEDIATELY AND IT MAKES ME VERY MAD, EVEN THOUGH IF THE OTHER PERSON HAD BEEN THE ONE SPAWNING I WOULD HAVE DONE EXACTLY THE SAME, AND FELT REALLY SKILLED BECAUSE OF IT."

God: What newbies end up typing after their first few minutes on a duel server.

HPB: Generally being a HPB means you can repeatedly say 'FFS' everytime you get shot, and spam "LAG" all the time, even though the other person won't get the message until after the lag has gone.

Inventory: A part of Quake2, shame on you for having it.

Joy: The feeling a quaker gets when they make it to quad, or the feeling ex-quakers get when they realise that their is actually a whole big world out there with girls and stuff, and their aim really doesn't matter in the slightest ****ing bit.

Keyboarder: Someone who will accuse an average quaker of cheating because they are utterly ****.

LPB: Another name for a total ****ing cheating ****.

Moron: Anyone who insist Quake2 takes more skill than Quake.

Nothing: What you lot REALLY 'own'.

Owned: If you have been owned then you have fallen victim to the quakers misconception that being better than you at a game they have played, at the expense of going out much, means that you become their possession. Whereas if they went to a pub and had a drinking competition, it would more than likely be THEM who were owned.

Proxy: A program used by cheating ****ing arsewipes.

Quake2: A dreadful mistake made by ID software.

Rocketjump: A way of confusing total newbies. "What key is it for that?????"

StrafeJumping: I'll tell you when I can do it properly.

TeamFortress: A quake mod popular with people who are no damn good at standard Quake and would rather stand in a dark corner sniping every **** that tries to run by.

UKCLDM2: A place for lpb's to 'secure' the slime area and annoy the **** out of every **** else.

Virgin: A typical quaker.

****ing: A quakers secondary hobby.

Xenon: A total rarity, a half decent person from sweden.

Yippee: What I say when it is hometime and I get to leave u set of sad *******s behind at ur PC's and go to the pub.

Zero: The marks ID get out of 10 for Quake2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

smile.gif

niiiiice!!!

J. (still drunk, again..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MIXU

Heya Adrastea Whats the story ????
    Msg me back when you get bthis k?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Ohhh adra you MED old bat you smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MIXU

LOL Ste. So Whatz da Crack????