Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Request: Collectables/Antiques/Toys.

Options
  • 26-09-2003 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Of late I've been collecting some Todd McFarlane figures and began organising and sorting through some of the antiques in my house. Basically the point of the forum is for people to post up their collections of anything from records to games, discuss new collectables including stuff like antiques, models etc and general collectables. I know it's not exactly up there in the excitement department with the games forum and the like but I think it could serve it's own niche within the community. I'm not sure where it should be placed but I'm thinking under After Hours.

Board Name: Collectables/Antiques/Toys
    Description: Discuss your toys, collections and antiques in here.
    Private Y/N: N

What do you think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sinclair

I think this could fall under All Things Retro/Games ***
    We don't need yet _another_ board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Gomi - Japan word for collecting junk I think.

Might not be a bad idea but is there an interest from other boardsters for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Roller Toaster,

Darn good idea. Surprised its not here already!. Could we accept offers for our collectables. My place is full of junk, er, I mean, collectables, Cameras, etc.

Even a "framed limited edition", of the late Great - John Lennons, commemorative [500 only] Gold Disc "Imagine" special editions, and mine is [Number 1] Imagine that!.

I endorse this suggestion, Yep.

P.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Hmmmm. Thats going to be tough to Mod if its both a Collectables and then also a forum where people can offer money for the items.

Would it fall under classifieds or arts then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Well I wasn't thinking of letting people sell stuff on the board, thats what the For Sale forum is for. It's merely for discussion, if people want to get pricechecks though thats fine by me. sinclar, I don't think that models really fall under games and I've always felt that retro was more things from the last 3 or 4 decades rather than actual antiques.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Still, would get my support. Even without being able to sell on it!.
    I have always been a bit of a hoarder, gadget freak and Camera buff.

Others peoples old items. Even what some might consider junk holds a strange appeal to me. When I was in London I picked up a lot of valuable items from - so called - Junk Emporiums!.

Good luck with the idea.

P.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Agreed, a lot of old useless items that other people would classify as junk hold a strange appeal for me mainly I think due to sentimental reasons. I wouldn't call myself a hoarder really but I do have quite a few interesting items to share if the forum goes ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I suppose I could show off my nearlytouchingtheroof collection of pc gamer magazines or my awsome collection of books but then that would require me to go searching in boxes in the attic.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Approved.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement