Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Lexmark printer

• 26-09-2003 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying that Lexmark printer that's going on sale in Lidl next Monday.
    It's 4800 x 1200 dpi which sounds pretty good but I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get cartridges for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm lexmark printer catridges are some of the most expensive going, like 50-60 euro a pop. keep that in mind,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Bough a Lexmark from Lidl last year. Not too bad but am almost ouf of ink. Now thinking of buying this instead of buying a new set of cartridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sinclair

How much is it selling for?
    And also embraer you can get cheap refills in a lot of places these days rather than purchasing a new cartridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Its 49.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Refill Kits Here (Fixed Lukin , Ta) These refill kits will work with most carts from most maufacturers.

UKP 18 (€25) Gets you

1. x kit with 4 x 25ml colours = refill 1 black and 1 colour cart once each.

1 x 250ml ink bottle = 10 x refills black

P&P to your house.

€25 on top of the printer cost .

250ml colours are a tad more than black.

You may need to buy the flusing fluid as well to clear crud out of the print heads (run nozzle check) depends

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

id be outside lidl in the freezing cold waiting to get my hands on one of these if it wasnt for my sore relationship with lexmarks.

We've a load of lexmark inkjets at work and practically all of them suffer from one of the two main problems

1. Paper misfeeds
    2. damn thing wont hold ink

In all of the lexmarks Ive ever come across (at least the ink ones), the paper feeds into the top at a slight angle, which most of the time results in sideways prints. Yes the little slider to keep the page upright is set to A4 and is flush to the side of the paper stack.

Something I've found with a few 3200's and Z31's we have here are that after a while, the carraige that holds the ink loses its grip on either one or both of the cartridges. I tried to install a new colour tank into one of them last week and it wouldnt click into place. Kept slipping back out. So now it's sitting outside my office on a shelf with "busted" written across it. At least it has company though, there are three other lexmark printers there with it.

I've a Canon at home and it's never caused me any troubles, aside from some dodgy ink refils I got from cartridge world in Cork. After a session of 'deep cleaning' all's well though.

Having had my little moan about lexmarks, I find that the Z55 I use in the office from time to time actually works alright. It still takes the paper at an angle but its not something youre going to notice unless you compare it with a copy run off with a laser printer.

50 quid is a top notch price for a colour printer but it's really expensive for a doorstop. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It's a bargain. I'm getting one. This might sound silly but considering the price, does it include ink cartridges?

If so, it's cheaper buying a new printer than new cartridges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah, it's got cartridges.
    I bought mine this morning, haven't installed it yet, I'm hoping for good quality prints when I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭lukin

I installed it last night and printed off a two colour pictures.
    The first one was very good, the next one wasn't so good.
    I don't want to print too many colour pictures unless I really have to as I don't want to waste the ink.
    I'd say it's a good printer though, only time will tell.
    I don't have a digital camera so I won't be using it for photographs.
    Thanks for the link about the cartridges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement