Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting food combinations

• 26-09-2003 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

i recently rediscovered the joy of cottage cheese and apple on a digestive biscuit. some people may find the combination vile. but do you have any strange food combinations which you find just scrumptious?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Porrige with bananna & honey for breaky

Tayto's while eating an apple is ok.

Kahlua & pure orange juice - tastes like terry's chocklate orange. Try it but not too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Amaretto and Grapefruit juice for breakfast.

Glorious way to start the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

porridge, banana and honey is`nt vile. Cant think of any curious combinations I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Whilst on hols in Spain last year, a friend and I were pissed and so decided to make a toast sambo with the following:

Cheese slice
    Duck Pate
    Peanut butter and
    Jam.

It was damn tasty I tells ye(prob due to bein s**t faced).

Have to admit though, eanut butter and jam is actually nice, the Jam makes the peanut butter easier to eat, yummmmm. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmm, these would be a bit weirder if cheese and apple sanwiches weren't a staple of Irish school lunches for decades... And if jam and peanut butter wasn't what's known as a "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" in the USA, where it has been a key element in making stupid people fat for generations.

Besides, if you ask me, the weirdest (but somehow best) food combination is tomato juice, a stick of celery, tabasco, worcester sauce and vodka. Better known as the Bloody Mary. How's that for an ingredient list, though?

Oooh, I know what's a bit weird actually. Chilli and garlic sauce (the very very hot variety you can get in chinese supermarkets) smeared all over a toastie composed of brie cheese on brown bread. Nyom. Weird, but nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Cocoa Pops and Orange juice ....Or Tayto Cheese & Onion with chocolate

Advertisement