Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Adaware!

Options
  • 26-09-2003 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

Anyone here using/cursing Adaware?

I've just had a bad experience using Adaware on a pc running Win98se.
    It seems to be a common problem that, although it removes the offending data miners, etc., after you reboot, it prevents you getting back online.

The version I used was aaw6181.exe. According to everything I read, only versions before 6 were known to cause this problem.
    It caused no problems on my other pc also running Win98se.

After wasting a couple hours messing with TCP/IP settings, I ran this fix Winsockfix which solved the problem instantly.:)

Anyway.. before you ask... I only used Adaware because my Spybot kept sticking on C2.lop.com or something :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Rancid
    Anyway.. before you ask... I only used Adaware because my Spybot kept sticking on C2.lop.com or something :rolleyes:
    oy, less of that!
    adaware is a damn fine program, nothing wrong with running it parallel with spybot...

that win98 problem sounds like a bollix tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Originally posted by tman
    oy, less of that!
    adaware is a damn fine program, nothing wrong with running it parallel with spybot...

that win98 problem sounds like a bollix tho.
    Normally..... I'd agree with you!
    Adaware first... then Spybot.... that used to be my rule.
    Maybe I just need a newer Spybot? It keeps stalling on that goddamn C2.lop.....

Heh... it's all ok when you have a second pc that still connects. At least you can search for a solution.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I never came across that problem with adware, but the spybot problem seems to be common, I came across it too. If you go into its settings and look for lop you can make spybot skip over it and continue with the scanning. Does anyone know how to fix the problem properly?

Originally posted by Fabritzo
    I never came across that problem with adware, but the spybot problem seems to be common, I came across it too. If you go into its settings and look for lop you can make spybot skip over it and continue with the scanning. Does anyone know how to fix the problem properly?
    I'll try the settings changes and see if I can get Spybot to continue... ta!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

jeez i must say i have never heard of anyone ever having a problem with adaware its a great program its even won awards for being a great problem solver and preventer help thousands of peeps control online site "Baddies" i must also say ur the ever first ever to have problems i have ever heard off:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

adaware is a damn fine program

Agreed.

I aint't saying it's a bad program!

I also know dozens of people happily using Adaware and having nothing but good results, as was I, until this week!

For the doubters, take a look at these links:
    Lavasoft Support forum
    BroadbandReports forum
    Tek-Tips

I had to Google for a solution to my lost internet connection and that's what I came up with!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

That c2.lop problem is quite comon. Used to happen mine all the time. However, it went away after I ran an update.

until then , I just added c2.lop to my excludes list and it ran fine :)

Advertisement