Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM back on FM - Weekends 97.3FM

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Arch

YES, I love these kind of stories! Congratulations!!

Arch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

hurray. hurray . hurray. nice one phantom.welcome home. hope yer all very tanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Wohoo kick ass!! Achille ill give you a rasher, is that ok? Guys any chance of broadcasting during the week or will that end up in phantomfm being put in jail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Sorry guys! Weekends only on FM - we'll be switching the transmitter off during the week to avoid temptation! You can tune in online during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

This is great news! Fair play to all the guys up in Phantom Towers. Now let's hope the BCI keep up this type of approach!

Any idea what the programming schedule is going to be? Will the 2 Petes be allowed to talk rubbish, or will they have to be all serious?

Now I have a smile on my face! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

On the one hand its feckin great news.

Puase for thought here but, ****!n ell like, weekends only. Generosity overwhelms the BCI, my thoughts of this are contained in this little box [ ] so as to not offend any BCI people who may read this board which I doubt cos it cant be stuffed in a country music flavoured envelope.

Anyway, nice to have ye back(if theres any 'top deejaaays' left)

What happens at the end of your stint, back to the old cd player I guess.

Come on ya miserable gits... we want 7 days 24/7...no forkin surrender.

Remember when you wanted a millenium falcon for xmas and all you got was a poke in the eye with a bent spoon.

'Dvd killed the radio star'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Carroll

On behalf of everyone associated with Fairuza, we'd like to say, WELCOME BACK PHANTOM!!! We'll update our front page today with the good news...

...Now how do I tune my car stereo again.... :rolleyes:

Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

This morning in work I stumbled on some lass playing *Mostly* Indie stuff on 97.3 And making the usual fumbles with the Cd player that is a Trademark of Phantom, I couldn't quite Identify the Voice though as I had to change before my manager Copped on, Who was it, was it one of you's or somone poaching yer new spot, (Feel Free not to Reply on Leagel Grounds):horned:

97.3 is a frequency allocated for temporary radio services. At the moment, Trinity FM (TCD) are using the frequency. While Phantom FM is on at weekends there maybe other services on air on the same frequency Monday to Friday - do give them a listen!

This is why we will be switching off our transmitter during the week and there is no chance of hearing us outside of the weekends (apart from tuning in online).

Us fumbling with CD players? Never ...

but does the frequency broadcast to all of dublin. In live in Cabinteely so will i get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Well done guys!!!!! i knew you would be back on the radio in no time, i had faith in ya's!!!!! This means i get to listen to the radio again!! I think there's a celebration in order!!what do ya say?????!! Jus hope now that the BCI will give you a full licence keep up the good work!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Conor20

Finally Phantom is back to save the radio from the same auld crap you here on the big stations.

Well done Phantom, I shall spread the word.

Conor.
    www.fall-out.com

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

hi, new guy etc..

anyway, Phantom has a temporary licence now, but is this the first time they have had any licence at all?
    I mean, it isn't really pirate anymore - which doesn't make a blind bit of difference, but I was just wondering if this is the first time Phantom has ever been legit?

Interesting James Hunt trivia: I was at the very first Phantasm in The Beanery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Phantom comes back and the signal isnt strong enough for me to get it I tried fiddeling around with the arerial for an hour and could only faintly hear it. and before some smart ass makes a coment yes I did change to the new frequency

Derek ... Phantom is not on air until October 18. From then it will be available on WEEKENDS ONLY until mid January on 97.3FM.

During this time frame there may be other temporary radio stations using the same frequency on week days.

The dates of broadcasts are:

OCTOBER
    18th, 19th, 25th, 26th

NOVEMBER
    1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th

DECEMBER
    6th,7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th

JANUARY '04
    3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th January 2004

There will be college stations on the same frequency while we are not on air: Blackrock College (Nov) and Pearse College (Dec)... do give them a listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Ok so I may have misread that but I hope phantom is going to be using a stronger transmitter that the other temporary stations do as I find it difficult to hear any of them clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

I see on radiowaves that Phantom are testing with a blank carrier on 97.3fm . AS i do not live in Ireland I will be listening online Friday from the USA @ 6:30PM so I dont miss anything. i Cant wait it really getting exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ¬zero64

:cool:
    the radio lives once again yeh yeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 muff

congratulations!
    i'm starting to get a bit excited waiting for tomorrow night now.

When will the weekend schedule be up?

• Advertisement

that was sweet guys, i got to listen to good music once again. Can't wait till next weekend

Advertisement