Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Eircom from this Forum ?..

Options
  • 27-09-2003 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Should Eircom or even any mention of them be banned totally from this forum ?..

When those in the professions, and others who are clearly guilty of malpractice which is deemed to be not in the common interest. Of society in general or its citizens. They can be struck off.

I have a feeling that Eircom have earned the honour of being the first telecommunications business to be banned completely from a telecoms forum, and I suggest that!, should also include the removal of their offerings from the list of ISPs on IrelandOFFlines official website.

You know what people in sales and marketing always say:- " Any publicity is GOOD PUBLICITY!. They get more than their fair share of mentions on this forum all the time.

Is this inadvertently, not helping them to continue with their monopolistic - Anti - Competitive business philosophy.

Should Eircoms Name!, be banned from this forum ?... 16 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    12% 2 votes
    They should in future be referred to as "The Rat"
    31% 5 votes
    This is a damned silly suggestion!.
    56% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Moderators,

Apologies, I meant to post this Thread/Poll on the IOFFL Consumer/ Service Issues* Forum. Could you please move it for me. Damn Saturday mornings, Eh...

Thanks,

P.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Paddy20

You know what people in sales and marketing always say:- " Any publicity is GOOD PUBLICITY!.

Ask Darina Allen is that the case these days.

Let Eircon visit these forums and see that we really know what they're up to and we are not standing idly by.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

moved as requested.

Chief.

MarcusGarvey,

Do you seriously not think that "The Rat" regularly scours this forum everyday!.

That is one of the reasons. I want them to be given a legal "Slap in the mouth"

P.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Paddy20

1. Some Eircom staff (nameless) are a great help to us all. More power to their elbows , many of us know or suspect we know who they are. There have been a few muppet outbreaks from in there and also from the CWU but these have been rare.

2. If Eircom (collectively under its present management) were not what they are we would not have anything to tallk about in here.

3. If we are not all united against someone or something we would turn on each other :D instead.

4. Eircom do not have any internal mechanism to let off steam.This forum is where third parties often say what they feel they cannot say themselves. It is also where things are said that they themselves do not want to say ....ever.

5. Who watches the watchmen?

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

So how do I complain about an issue I might have about said company??
    unmentionable PLC failed my line test. Which unmentionable PLC department should I ring to get an unmentionable PLC engineer out to fix my unmentionable PLC line. Should I get a new unmentionable PLC line installed and hope unmentionable PLC don't fail that line too............

I take it this plan is tongue in cheek Paddy cause if you are serious then I can only conclude that your a bit mental m8! :D:D I know others have been saying that for ages but I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt up till now m8! :D:D

Caibos,

You complain about "The Rat"!. Everybody knows who you mean. Moderators, please note:- I meant the title to read, "Ban Eircoms "Name" from this forum ?.. maybe one of you very kind volunteers would correct this mistake on my part ?.. You see I was only on my first cup of tea, when I had this sudden rush of blood to the brain that resulted in this thread & poll being posted.

The poll results should I think prove very interesting. It is also a Newsworthy kick in the teeth for "The Rat"!.

As for me being "a bit mental?" Calibos. Of course, I am mad as a March hare!. How do you think I have managed to survive so long in this world ?..:p

P.;)

Muck,

A lot of my Uncles and other very close relations worked as installation Engineers for the old P&T. So, I have a very close sentimental attachment to a Er, "The Rat". It is historically in my blood, and I feel I have been robbed of something that was part of the very fibre of my being.

So, I want to kick those responsible at every opportunity. Even if it means by way of posting, something that may be considered by some, as a little mental. The Rat drove me mental a long time ago, and I have no intention of forgiving them. What the Directors of that Company have done to Irish society, both economically and socially is unforgiveable, in my book.

Lets see, if others agree. You see, every time I read their real name I honestly feel like throwing up!. Yet, I really do have the highest respect for telecoms engineers.

All the best.

Paddy.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

What the... devil?!

'Question' answered, thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement