Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Hope

Options
  • 27-09-2003 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Forgotten Hope has been released, I've changed the battlefield server over to it.

Its a big download 429 meg plus a 84meg map pack. I've mirrored the files on darkkeep if anyone wants to grab them from there.

The offical site also have a list of mirrors.

Enjoy the download :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

What's the IP of the game server you talk of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

server IP is 193.120.201.112

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

BF mods are just too big, my lame isdn ass wants to play but just can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Well...is his really worth downloading and trying out?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Coyler

Depends on your personal taste. Its far less arcadey (is that a word?) than vanilla BF or DC and it requires much more teamplay to succeed. Its also more accurate in both historical and military sense.
    For example driving jeeps into tanks won't do a thing to the tank and you have vechicles like the Typoon, Firefly and a hole slew of Panzers. Good fun but can get frustrating at times. A bit like soldier9 on steriods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Server patched to 0.5d

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Got this yesturday, very, very, good MOD.

Its similar to EoD in a way, that theres very few vehicles in it, but it keeps with the feel of BF1942.

New weapons are good too, the weapons actually pack a good punch now, and the tanks, wow, powerful but they all have weakness's, the artillary is VERY strong, but it turns VERY slowly.

I can see artillary being a bit spammy on-line (which I havent played much of yet, mainly bot bashing). All in all, good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Few vehicles? Hmmm dunno about that - there's a fair number of them - their just spread across the maps very well to fit into the rright time period during the war.
    There's no spamming in online play, mostly everyone plays as a team, and one-man-armies don't last long. All the custom maps are really good for online play, very professional looking and the best looking maps Ive seen outside of normal BF

It's ocassionaly laggy, but otherwise it plays very well and would prefer a game of it to normal Bf. Highly recommended.

Advertisement