Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chels Vs Villa

• 27-09-2003 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

The team will not be able to play well every week and today was the first sign of that we were poor but 3 points in the bag and thats all that matters Veron is no use on the right and we're finding it difficult to accomadate him in the team at the moment his ability is not in question has to play central though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mutu and him were involved in The JFH goal credit has to go to Villa who fought all the way Angel should have scored a hattrick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is there really a need to say that chelsea won in the thread title. some people (me) are waiting for the premiership at 7pm

I forgot c'mon gandalph don't come down hard. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Eh just change the title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea was gonna look forward to watching this one but Knob ass had to ruin it of course

NO scores OR spoilers in title thread!!!!

GET IT??:mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Every weekend, every ****in weekend.

Really i expected more from you smuckers, any chance you could change the title??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Yeah really nice to see Veron back on form :D

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

do enough sort implies they won... how about just the fixture in the title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how lucky were chelsea. Angel could have really punnished them and should have grabbed a point at least

Jank don't you dare insult me like that again!!!!!! I never once insulted someone on here. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by smuckers
    Jank don't you dare insult me like that again!!!!!! I never once insulted someone on here. :mad:

Hey hold on a minuye he has a point.Ok so he shouldnt have insulted you but its not the first time you have done this.If my memory serves me right you gave the score of the Liverpool-v-Chelsa match in the thread title.

Gandalf also told you that there would be bannings if someone did it again

I didn't actually give the score ok so I shouldn't have said they won but then I changed it and people are still not happy christ almighty you can't do anything right in this place.

Back to the game

I could see why Veron was on the right with Geremi suspended and with Villa packing the midfield it would have been v dangerous to start with 2 wingers

On Wed

I expect a mid of Duff Makka Veron and Geremi.

I'm not too bothered about Veron as it was his first mediocre game whereas I'm more worried about Bridge who seems to be getting in on the merit of his price tag despite Baba playing well in the last 2 games out of the squad for Villa, Bridge's positional play is all over the place hasn't settled at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We work on the two strikes rule here Jank, that's your first for personal abuse, next one and you are banned.

Use some common sense people, if you do not want to see the result of a game then afterwards don't go into a thread of the game. Granted thread titles shouldn't contain the score but the contents of said thread may.

Good win for Chelsea, the type they were losing last year, had to scrap hard and were lucky, sometimes luck is all that seperates the sides.

It was a strange game CFC started well but then Villa won the ball with anticipation with Hendrie at the heart of things initially it was supposed to be Terry and Gallas but Terry was injured in the warmup and Dessa didn't look comfortable at all when he came in young Glen Johnson was excellent again.:) Petit and Duff the best of the midfielders.
    Boro will be tricky next Sun but before that the big one on Wed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by smuckers

sorry if it seamed I insulted you just pissed off that u gave the game away

its really really really annoying and inconsiderate giving the game away for others!!

thats all i have to say of that

the match was really poor villa should have won this one
    hope fully chelski will play that way against arse in 2 weeks time!!:D

henry wont fluff those chances that angel got

how he didnt score at least one is beyond me

all water under a bridge. can Arsenal really cope with all those players that will more than likely be suspended? their def will be v thin that they will win as history is on their side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

i couldn't wait for that game to end it was the worst I've seen Chels play so far, and to disagree with you smuckers I think Veron's ability is in doubt , at least by myself and pretty much every other chelsea fan i know, he might as well have been playing for villa on saturday he gave so much possession away. Villa should have won and at least deserved a draw out of that.

Duff was totally disinterested for much of the second half, I think he's so used to being the recipient of the ball that to not always be on the receiving end of passes has thrown him a little, still a legend though !!

Wish zola was around to take those free kicks still :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Originally posted by jank
    Yea was gonna look forward to watching this one but Knob ass had to ruin it of course

NO scores OR spoilers in title thread!!!!

GET IT??:mad: :mad:

If you are that upset about finding out the result of a match before the highlights show 2 hours later, would it not be more prudent to avoid soccer messsage boards for that short period??

BTW, Chelsea were pants on Saturday, but got the 3 points and that's all that matters!

Geremi returning will be a big boost personally I would have started Cole against Wolves and Villa but there is no way I'd start him in the CL game as important as tomorrow night, Petit can still do the job his committment is there and some of his passes on Sat were v good but Claude will start tomorrow along with Crespo, JFh is giving the manager a huge headache his touch is far better and is fighting for the ball I think we forget that last Jimmy was so close to having his leg ampituated, I don't think people realised how serious that injury was.

Claudio Ranieri today confirmed that he intends to play Chelsea crowd favourite Joe Cole from the start, "in the near future".

The Chelsea coach would not confirm that Cole would be in his starting line-up for tomorrow's Champions League Group clash at home to Besiktas but did admit: "I will start with Joe Cole very soon."

The Stamford Bridge crowd cheered when Cole replaced Juan Sebastian Veron against Aston Villa on Saturday and Ranieri said: "Joe is the apple of everyone's eye."

Ranieri has been regularly introducing Cole from the substitutes' bench so far this season and the Chelsea coach described the former West Ham star as: "The key to open the door."

Cole has made no public complaints about not being in Chelsea's starting line-up but is eager to show what he can do in a full 90 minutes. The 21-year-old midfield star will also be aware that England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has declared his reluctance to select players who are not performing regularly at club level.

Cole has started only one match so far this season, the Champions League qualifier second leg against Zilina but Ranieri today said: "He has been involved in all the others.

"I know Joe Cole very well now and he has a big future. I believe he is a very good character. He works very hard now. He is a young player but he must be calm. I believe in him and he will have his chance soon.

"Everybody knows I have a rotation system and it will always be that some will play more than others but it is right to continue to make changes until everyone is in good condition."

Ranieri also declared himself satisfied with Veron so far, despite some adverse reaction from a section of the Chelsea fans on Saturday.

Ranieri said: "I know his best position is behind the front players but sometimes it is necessary for him to play elsewhere in the team. On Saturday against Aston Villa, I asked him to play on the right and he did that.

"He's a fantastic player and man because he will play wherever I ask him, even if it is not his best position. There is no doubt he will be a big player for us in the matches to come."

Ranieri revealed he flew to Istanbul on Sunday to watch tomorrow's opponents Besiktas beat Trabzonspor 5-0 in a league match and the Chelsea coach was suitably impressed. He said: "Besiktas have good organisation, good quality and good champions. It will be a good match tomorrow. I watched a tape of their first Champions League match against Lazio which they lost 2-0 and the Lazio goalkeeper Angelo Peruzzi was the best player on the pitch.

"That is the only match they have lost so far this season. They have good offensive players and like to play good football but I suspect they will adopt a more cautious approach tomorrow because, if they lose, that could end their Champions League hopes for this season.

"We made a good start in Prague against Sparta but it is important now that we carry things on from there."

Chelsea's only injury doubt for tomorrow night remains Emmanuel Petit, who has a knee injury. Ranieri said: "I don't know about Manu but John Terry is okay. He took a hit from Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in training on Friday but he has made a full recovery."

Ranieri, however, denied speculation that he is willing to let teenage German central defender Robert Huth go out on loan. "I want Robert to stay here. I have three central defenders plus Robert and if I decide to change the system and play three at the back, then I will need him."

• Advertisement
Advertisement