Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA Team.IE

Options
  • 14-06-1999 8:06pm

Bunny "Right now, we probably have some of the best DM3 CA players in Europe.....but that counts for ****."

OK so there are alot of comitted CA players out there.Dont get me wrong,i like CA cos it is the only quake mod im good at.But now it seems to be that if your a CA player your nothing because WAR is what you have to be good at.What about a CA team.IE.That is one thing that as a team Ireland would be realy strong at,and it give newer players a target!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

how bout you pick a ca team over the next few weeks, and they take on the irish war team in CA at the next lan, and see what happens smile.gif
    or pick a 'CA dueller', and make him play one on one in CA vs the team.ie duellers on LAN.

as someone else said before in one of those threads, being good at one thing doesnt mean that youre crap at something else..

better still, gatecrash wwman's lan and prove your l33t-455 5k!11z to us (on LAN) smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

WOOF id be on for that that just so i could beat koopa
    smile.gif
    there are a fair few great ca players in ireland , why not organise trials or the like? sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i double dare you wink.gif

Your on Koopa.I will pic a Team,and we will play in the Nethouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Because you can't play CA seriously...

Once its serious...whats to make you move from YA or RA? nothing....put some kind of timelimit on it, else you can stay at whereever...forever...so what if it's not sporting...if it's the final round decider and whoever is on 26 health but in a nice spot, they don't have to move.

Same with the CA duels, one night I played Koopa and he just stayed in RA..all the time...nothing I could do, like what? out camp him? peak in a fire a shot?..it just didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hmmm, trials. Hmmm.

Tell you what, just make a combo of CG and DD into team.ie CA, and saves ureselves the bother. It's how it's gonna happen anyway. Unlike team.ie, the five best players will not be the most suitable for the job, but indeed the five players who can play best together. smile.gif

Such is the nature of CA. (ie FAIR).

smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

agreed Bunny....i don't really think its possible to play in any way decently with set clans for prize/glory for those very reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Yes Dre..cool, I'll be in nethouse, we can do the scobe thing and the CA game this saturday?

The opposing team will be Koopa, me and 2 others???

Cool then Bunny.I will have a team picked by Friday,ready to play on saturday.So anybody who wants to trial for the CA team be on #Dre on irc at 9pm on Wed and Thursday.The team will then be posted on Friday.Could you tell me who is on Team.IE so we dont double pic.

CA Team.ie will then train on Friday,just to sort out tactics!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

oooh,

can I be #10 sub???

/LoLth changes name to SuperSub

tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lets not forget that CW played a ringer in the form of Koopa taking Blades name and it was still close smile.gif

DeV.

so, are there actually any CA clans out there? I found one called clan BoB smile.gif [those who know me will know how funny I found this - of course I had to apply for membership but then I saw the massage saying they are full.. sad.gif ]

Are there any actual official CA comps? If so, how do they avoid the camp vs. camp problem?

Clan Giblets Is THE ca clan.

When You Positively Absolutely Gotta Kill every Mutherfookra in RA , Accept NO Substitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

how to avoid the camp vs. camp problem:
    he who goes to sleep first is obviously a crap quake player and deservedly inherits the name "Loser".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

Lads, your forgeting the best ca team going, tkc we should have at least 3 ppl on ca team. smile.gif

jj o geyyyy

u sneaky lil' propaganda person u tongue.gif

First you post a thread starting the CA is ****e debate then you suggest a CA national team.... sorry if I'm slow her, drink open many eyes, and blind the rest.. like good taste for one.

Dev. new **** stirrer after your 'throne'!

smile.gif

J.

PS. Sneaky. Like it lots!! hehe..

What people haven been saying about CA not being able to be played in a comp is right. A While back CG played CW and they adopted the same tactics as some unnamed people and proceded to sit on top of RA and spam grenades out. CA is a mod that can only be played well for FUN rather than actually winning.

Because the truth is ppl can do the camp/spamathon things and win, but thats now the way the game is played if you just casually join a server.

So basically a comp match would just be who could sit and YA and RA longest without leaving, quite gay really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Death, CG are nowhere near the best CA team. You have some of the best CA players, but face it, U ALL SUCK as a team. smile.gif

BTW, I have screenshots to prove this, from a likkle game played a couple of months ago.....

Hehe.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Jaden You chought CG with their pants down that day.Kinda like that bender George Michael.Yes i was imbarrased after that.So why dont we play again.Or even 1 on 1.I will take you at crates RA Water or Lets go outside.To pent that is.Ummm im tired.BTW this is quake im talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Dk is_the_best
    Wanna game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Lets not forget that CW played a ringer in the form of Koopa taking Blades name and it was still close

Dev, Koopa sucks ass at CA cause it's a muppets game, he only played cause I wasn't about and I knew nothing about it, he was the one camping RA for the whole game not me like everyone assumed wink.gif they'd have been better off if I played cause Sam hasn't a clue about CA, like Von he's basically not bothered about muppet arena.

BTW: whats all this crap about death playing koopa 1 on 1 in Clan Arena? I thought Rocket Arena was for 1 on 1's and Clan Arena for Clans?

Advertisement