Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map Checking.

Options
  • 20-06-1999 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Look, Im old, im tired and im Sick to death of some complete muppets using that see-trough walls hack on dm3.

Can someone please Put map checkin on the ****in servers. Either dat or I'll simply refuse to play on dm3.

Cmon lads, this is really getting sad with all the cheating going on!

nocheatb.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CrasHed

I've Never actually heard of such a thing but if there is its dumb and u should get rid of it. Like how can u enjoy quake with see trough wall's and other gay mod's soon Quake will not be called Quake it is modified to much !!!!

Nada Nada Nada !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I talked to Cloud this morning and we got the quake.ie servers modified to check for hacked maps. It will NOT allow you on the servers if your using hacked maps. Take IT cheaters.

The next mission is to get rid of those hacked QW versions.

The Campaign Continues..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Death to the ones who CHEAT!!!

Jimmy...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Er, Number1, The only person I can think of whose name start with D and ends with E is me.

Are you saying I use hacked maps? I'd just like to be clear...

DevorE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

There's also Dre, Dupre and maybe someone called Dave.

J.
    --

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

and ...
    Dereke
    and Deirdre
    and Dance
    and Terrrrrrrrible JO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah can we all enable f_skins please, and f_modified

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Mr. Mindphuck,
    I posted about this just before i left.
    hacked dm3 maps only work with hacked qwcl.exe, most ppl use a proxy these days, just do a f_modified, "modified qwcl.exe" should come up in that, unless they have reporting f_modified turned off.

Mickah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

hacked walls in dm3 ... does that actually work ?

ohhhh yea, I know some1 who uses that, his name begins with D and ends in E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

eerrm, Mick, to check for map hacks you have to turn on sv_mapcheck 1 so when a client connects to the server it does a checksome on that particular map and reports it either changed or ok. Up till now. It let you get onto the server. Now it prevents you from even playing if your maps have been modified in any fashion at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

For any kinda organised clan game of CA or War all we have to do is MAKE ppl use their proxy correctly otherwise we can kick them, infact even tho I haven't used it right myself I'd encourage a new "law" that will force ppl to use their proxies so that f_modified gives a response otherwise they'll be kicked off the servers, a bit of cop on tho will be required by ops especially the trigger happy ones in that if it's obvious the person is a newbie and wouldn't have a clue as to what a proxy even is he shouldn't be kicked.

Blade

Advertisement