Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trillian crashing

Options
  • 28-09-2003 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this kind of information, but it seemed the most appropriate to me.

Anyone using the Trillian Instant Messaging client may have been experiencing a few problems with it in the last couple of days. i.e. Connecting to the Yahoo! service causes Trillian to crash, or generates a message saying that your Yahoo! password is invalid.

Of course, several rumours sprang up, suggesting that Yahoo had done this deliberately to prevent third-party clients from using its service. I would like to stress that this is not the case! The problem has been caused by Yahoo! updating their protocols to stop people spamming.

A patch is available for Trillian Pro v2.0 from www.trillian.cc, with patches for older versions currently in the making. Trillian users should not yet despair, and should not direct inordinate amounts of hatred at Yahoo!, as I myself have already done! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This is definitely not the right place to put this...can you delete the thread please and open a new one in net/comms (under sci/tech).

kthnx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

MS Apps/OS would be a better place.
    Not everything internet related has to go to Net/Comms. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Aye, I'd have chosen MSApps/OS (now called "Windows" by the way) myself. As indeed I do.

Thanks for the info mr_angry - haven't used any IM software in a while but I find Trillian rather useful.

Advertisement