Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are you a teenager and driving a 125cc bike?

Options
  • 28-09-2003 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

If so, how much is your insurance and how do you afford it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

if it helps....

I was a teenager and I was driving a 125cc bike. Paying for insurance is never an easy task (for young people anyway) so the trick is to work your balls off for a few months of the year then empty the contents of your bank account into Hibernian's back pocket.

...or at least thats the way I'm doing it.

I'm with Aon and currently paying my insurance thru a finance arrangement, which works out quite nicely as it doesn't see me completely broke.

Best to get finance on your premium if you can. Unless you have a spare wad of cash lying around that is. I think back when I was 18/19 I was paying around a grand for 125cc insurance. Course that would have been punts, not the funny money stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Can i not go str8 with AON too or do i have to go through hibernian? I got quoted 4,500 - 4,890 with hibernian on a 125cc vespa et4. I dont want to get a 50 cos there too loud and the vespa 50cc is apparently slower too and it would be embaressing with everything passing me by...:rolleyes:

Should i call AON and ask about the finance arrangements?

Id love to be paying what you paid back in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'm not sure if Aon are taking direct business or not.. At one stage they'd insure only if you bought your bike thru one of their dealers but that may have changed. Well worth giving them a buzz anyway to see what the story is. €4500 on a 125cc vespa? that's beyond sickening!

Having said that though.. that's what I'd be paying on a Micra (give or take a few grand. Most likely give)

You want to know what else is sickening? I could get insured on a 1.4l 02 VW Golf for 1,400 having the parents as first and second drivers. All i wanted to do was fulfill this little dream i had of owning a vespa!!! hehe oh well, ill keep looking around anyway...but no way will i stoop for a 50cc. Heads have given them such a bad name plus the noise of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Can i not go str8 with AON too or do i have to go through hibernian? I got quoted 4,500 - 4,890 with hibernian on a 125cc vespa et4. I dont want to get a 50 cos there too loud and the vespa 50cc is apparently slower too and it would be embaressing with everything passing me by...:rolleyes:

Should i call AON and ask about the finance arrangements?

Id love to be paying what you paid back in the day...

AON is a wholly-owned brokerage arm of Hibernian, so yes, all they sell are Hibernian BikeRite policies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

i was drivin a 125 but waited till i was 20 to get it so the insurance wasnt too extortionate
    aon are much cheaper than hibernian, and will quote u on things hibernian wont, for example accordin to hibernian i was uninsurable on the rs125 i used to own, yet was insured with aon, and my renewal this year would only have been 500 euro?
    heard aon were taking people but not sure, only definite way is thru a dealer

how long ago was that? Ill be 20 buying this bike...nest summer more than likely when iam 20. Just looking into it all saving now...

Advertisement