Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Tech Goodies 29/09

• 28-09-2003 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

USB Hub (2 port) €10 with Dc adapter too
    USB Pen Memory €70 129Mb
    6 in 1 card reader CF SD etc, €20
    Lexmark Printer z603 ? €50
    50 sheets phot quality inkjet €8 (not 100% sure)

All good value if you are trundling past IMO , personally I'll have the lot except the Pen and the printer. Lexmark carts cannot be bought cheap unlike Epson carts where there are stacks of good clones on the market. Paddy20 (peace and blessings upon him) has loudly exhorted this DIY refill product line Here which works out cheaper than any Carts. I think the Lexmark carts are not chipped which means they will refuse to work once empty. An investment of €25 on top of the printer price would get you the UKP10 refill kit and 250ml of black ink and postage to your door. (UKP18 the lot) .

I need to buy Catfood you see and thats my real excuse for going to Lidl.

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

The usb hub they advertised was a usb 2.0 one. Me mammy bought it for me and its usb 1.1. Feckers. Not the same one at all as advertised.

I have one of these already. Its going back,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

saw that alright and nor was it powered externally as an option, should we ASAI it , Im sure Tesco would pay us handsomely :D

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Muck
    should we ASAI it , Im sure Tesco would pay us handsomely :D

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just got the 2.1 speaker system in the finglas store (loads left). Pretty damn cool, the sub is even made of plywood and not plastic! Sound is good, for under €20 what more could i want? well not for me.. got for the girlfriend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

Does anyone know if the 6 in 1 card reader will allow you to writer to a card as well as just read the contents?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sorry bout being a bit of topic but whereabouts in finglas is the store, the one in blanch is always sold out of the good stuff before i can get there ?

<quote>
    Just got the 2.1 speaker system in the finglas store (loads left). Pretty damn cool, the sub is even made of plywood and not plastic! Sound is good, for under €20 what more could i want? well not for me.. got for the girlfriend
    </quote>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Discovering
    Does anyone know if the 6 in 1 card reader will allow you to writer to a card as well as just read the contents?

Yes it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Got the printer and the USB hub but the bloody card reader sold out in hours in Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

So, is this hub USB2.0 compatible??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

Just got the card reader and speakers.

The spearkers are quite good and excellent value imo.

The card reader is ok, does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by Saruman
    Just got the 2.1 speaker system in the finglas store (loads left). Pretty damn cool, the sub is even made of plywood and not plastic! Sound is good, for under €20 what more could i want? well not for me.. got for the girlfriend :D

Was wondering if they were any good. Might just pick up a set at the weekend.
    if i knew where there was a lidl shop near me....
    is there any in Dun Laoghaire???

been googling and cant find a list of lidl stores in ireland anywhere..any ideas?

Advertisement