Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claude Young

• 28-09-2003 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

If you consider yourself a fan of techno, you have to see this cahnt mangle the decks at any upcoming opportunity. I saw him last time he played (also in TBMC) a while back, I was impressed by the technical skillz but the track selection left me a bit unsatisfied. I had heard he could be a bit unpredictable though, so I was glad to have the opportunity to see him again last night.

This time the theme was cat-hard techno with all the usual C-Y scratches and flicks overlaid, one of the best nights I've had in the TBMC in a long while. It's hard to believe that this guy, one of the most skilled techno DJs I've ever seen (it's hard enough to mix that kind of techno, never mind scratch it ffs) has so little media attention compared to bigger names such as Dave Clarke, Carl Cox, etc (although tbh at least it keeps most of the muppets away).

Make sure to catch him next time he's about. He could be OK, he could be spectacular.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Someone was tellin me about him, what date he playin an the ticket price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Sico
    I was glad to have the opportunity to see him again last night.

You'll have to catch him next time man, unlucky. Bumped into Lisa off CDC on Friday btw, mad wagon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I heard he was crap... Just one persons opinion though I suppose. I'll be sure to check him out the next time he plays over here - I was in no state to trek halfway across the city centre to get my ass to TBMC on Saturday!!! :D

I assume it was Conor who said it was crap? He's not into that kind of techno, he's more into the piddly D1 noodly crap. If you like your techno hard, Claude is yer man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Haha yeah it was Conor! The harder the techno the better as far as I'm concerned! I'll be sure to check him out next time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Why did you quote yourself sico?
    or is someone else posting off your name?

Noe, I was quoting myself in answer to your question of
    Originally posted by Lenny
    Someone was tellin me about him, what date he playin an the ticket price?

But you didn't give the price and date?!

OMFGZ, it was 'last night' on Sunday the 28th, so he was playing on Sat the 27th. I think it was €15 in.

Advertisement