Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scooter/Motorbike Stores websites - Dublin

Options
  • 28-09-2003 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Know of any online motorbike/scooter stores based in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are only a couple, but www.bikeworld.ie is about the only useful website. It's updated quite regularly too.

The shop is at the junction of Naas/Long Mile roads

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Hi Ubah
    Cotters in Kimmage sell scooters and insurance.

There is another bike shop near the Five Lamps that is also an agent for AON. They sell scooters. Biggish shop.

There is another biggish shop on Wexford St. I think it is or was the New Kawasaki Centre. Can't remember for sure; I avoid this are like the plague, traffic is $#i+e They sell scooters and possible insurance too.

Is Skooter still on Aston Quay?

Might be worth checking out the Golden Pages, see which shops are in your area and give them a call. Ask them about financing and insurance. If they do it, they should be keen to sell to you.

I've a vague recollection of ads in papers 3-4 years ago for scooters. They'd sell you finance for bike and insurance for something like 30 quid per week. Oh and you got a mobile phone too. Remember brother commenting it was a "start your own drug pushing business" package. Don't remember who did the package though :confused:

Like I said in another thread, getting out there trying a few scooters and talking to people in the shops. There are a few shops in city centre. If you get in early on Saturday (the shops get quite busy later) you could visit all the shops in a 3-4 hour period. Don't try to shop on a Monday, most bike shops close for the day.

ATB
    -ao-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

a_ominous thanks for all the info. Its all taken aboard and I'll report back with any progress i have when i get out and look around. Ill go down to skooter tomorrow on the quay as its near my college and inquire to get an idea about what im looking at...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Here's another one for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The one on wexford street is now Mega Bikes. Its where I got my bike and I'd recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pfitz

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Advertisement