Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a new forum gentlemen

Options
  • 28-09-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I made a post on the admin boards, to bring a board into play so we can have a section dedicated to console games/consoles.

With the introduction of consols going online in the coming year i see there will be a need for a seperate board.

Help us out :]

Click here

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I agree with a seperate forum to discuss the different aspects of the consoles like their hardware or modifications but why cant we just leave the games discussion where it is right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

If you see the need in the next year then why not ask in the next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Er, why? There are plenty of console game discussions here at the moment, and there's never been a problem with console and PC game discussions existing side by side. You might as well ask for seperate forums for the Cube, Xbox and PS2 while you're at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What Shinji said. No need really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would tend to agree, games are games in all fairness.. Maybe some sort games hardware and games software board to make a distinctions but even that would not really be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

whats the point console games suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

no need at all , sure there isnt even that much threads in the games forum as it is !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

/me plays the "What Shinji said" card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What shinji said, no real need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

No need, lets try and avoid the insane parsing of forums that has taken place over the months here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i want my shiny new toaster board!!!11

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

/me plays the 'what amp said' card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If the "Games" board was flooded with new threads at a fast pace, I would agree with splitting the boards. But right now, it just gets updated smoothly and its pretty easy to navigate. I understand your point, and I believe PC and console games are a whole lot different, but I just don't think its nessessary.

Plus, addressing this forum to gentleman may insult the (two) female gamers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

/me plays the 'what Tellox said' card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

/me plays with myself.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Fair enough, just thought it would be a good idea!

Advertisement