Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Admin Abuse

• 28-09-2003 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I was browsing around boards.ie today and went up to the drop down bar to go into the Leaving Cert. forum.

Of course, it wasn't there. I looked through all the title's and still couldn't find it.

I went into #boards.ie in mIRC to find a boards.ie admin to consult over my dilemma.

Ecksor had just joined #boards.ie so I pm'd him.

"where's the college/leaving cert bar on the drop down menu?" i said.
    " There was some rearrangement, education is now under society." he replied.

I noticed that this was fairly gay, so I replied "fairly gay", at which he told me to ''Piss off.''.
    I was appauled at the language from a Boards.ie, and #boards.ie admin, especially when it was un-called for.

Ecksor, being all big and cool and everything, went on to ban me from #boards.ie.

I was banned at 17:07pm and I am still banned at 18:53pm.

I am disgraced with the actions of this upstanding member of the boards.ie community, and I think ecksor should be heavily disciplined for taking his personal problem's out on me.

Boards.ie, website and IRC chat-room, has being severly mis-managed over the past 6 month's, and has been losing a lot of 'regulars' due to power hungry admin's and boards.ie 'addicts' who have formed a close-knit community of 'sekrit organisations', irc chat room's and using boards.ie pm's.

Of course, some cool dude, being big and cool and all, will post a smart 'gathering' card to dismiss these comment's, being cool and all.

Boards.ie is completely losing 'the cause' lately, seen ith the introduction of commercial interaction boards, and advertising.

What started out as an Admin Abuse thread has snowballed into a rant at the state of Boards.ie over the past few month's, not consistent with how the boards community used to be.

Your's Sincerely,

conZ

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I have to say, I agree with ecksor.

Advertisement