Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Search' suggestion

Options
  • 28-09-2003 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

This is only a minor suggestion, but I've been meaning to mention it for a while... when I go to search for something, it'll generally be in the forum I've just been looking at when I click search. The default is to search every board which generally brings up a ton of unrelated posts, and since Boards has grown quite big recently it's sometimes a pain in the ass to find the board I'm looking for in the drop-down list.

I'm wondering could it the list be defaulted to the forum you were just in, or could a radio button be added? There's so much good info on Boards I've found myself using the search quite a bit, and I'm sure other people would find this useful too.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That's not very straightforward to do, but maybe the trick that Victor explains here would help? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1072632

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

But the "search this forum" box is at the bottom of each forum...

Do you want this at the bottom of each thread too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    But the "search this forum" box is at the bottom of each forum...
    Ahhh... now you'd think I'd have noticed this at some stage in the last four years, wouldnt you?! :rolleyes:

cheers

Advertisement