Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greatest sandwich ever

• 29-09-2003 12:36am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want people to tell me about the best sandwich theyve ever made... not just one they ate, one they made.

i make good sandwiches all the time, usually from bits and pieces in my fridge.
    for example, a triple decker, all buttered, with ham, garlic mayonaise, sausage, rasher, spag-bol sauce and cheese, often with one or more ingredient doubled up.
    I also managed to condense a large fry up into sandwich form today, 2 eggs, 2 rashers, 4 sausages all on a triple decker

OHHHHHHH YEAH

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

*sigh* now im hungery, *dame you*
    im shi*ty at sambos i even fu*k up toast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Originally posted by flogen

I also managed to condense a large fry up into sandwich form today, 2 eggs, 2 rashers, 4 sausages all on a triple decker

OHHHHHHH YEAH

YUCK.

All that fat and all that bread together?
    Mingin!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

grated red cheese, grated normal cheese, onion, frosties, walkers cheese and onion. toast all of those on bread then put some lettuce in and eat. delicious. only made it when i was drunk and don't make it too often, 3 times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Post Christmas sandwich, tastes best on St. Stephens Day.

In order:

Slice of bread.
    Layer of ham.
    Layer of stuffing.
    Layer of chopped up roast potatoes.
    Layer of gravy.
    Slice of bread.
    Layer of gravy.
    Layer of turkey
    Layer of stuffing
    Slice of bread.

'Tis a recipe for lockjaw but well worth it if you can get that bad boy down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

chicken, stuffing, mayo, tomatoes, cuecumber, cheese, coleslaw, rashers X 4 and ballymaloe relish!!! im watering at the mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    grated red cheese, grated normal cheese, onion, frosties, walkers cheese and onion. toast all of those on bread then put some lettuce in and eat. delicious. only made it when i was drunk and don't make it too often, 3 times
    Everything tastes better when drunk:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

What you need is..

(not in order)

lettuce
    mayonaise
    coleslaw (from superquinn)
    chicken (from a roast chicken)
    ballymaloe relish
    onion (white)
    grated cheese
    tomato

it's a triple decker, and you always toast the middle that's the secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 babyjesus

brown soda bread, smoked salmon& cream cheese with chopped chives sprinkled with lemon juice.
    /me drools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Buttered white bread, spicy potato wedges, garlic mayonaise, grated cheddar, lettuce.
    Absolutely gorgeous!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ohh i lurve huge sandwiches...

my fav has to be:

Breakfast:

Toasted bagel
    lashings and lashings of Cream cheese
    4 stips of crispy bacon that melts into the cream cheese..

or

Triple Decker:
    Brown bread buttered,

1st Section: 4 strips of crispy bacon, 4 sausages slices
    lenghtways in two, loadsa ketchup

2nd Section: 2 pieces of white pudding grilled and then spread onto the bread, 2 fried eggs, slightly runny, 1 tomato cut in two and grilled and then more ketchup..

Lunch:

Section one: Ballymaloe relish, ham, swiss cheese, mayonaise, chicken and tomato.

Section 2: more ballymaloe relish, lettuce, turkey slices, red cheddar siced thinly, gerkins sliced very thinly and topped off with loadsa coleslaw, all served with a side order of sour cream and onion pringles (the green tube)

nyom nyom nyom... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

peanut butter, chilli sauce and soy sauce all mashed together on a sambo! YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

turkey, cranberry sauce, buffallo mozarella, wholegrain mustard on thick brown toast....

.....so hungry.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Kalina
    Buttered white bread, spicy potato wedges, garlic mayonaise, grated cheddar, lettuce.
    Absolutely gorgeous!!
    [/QUOTE

nyom nyom.. have to try that one... (without the lettuce)

or just buy a garlic and cheese chip and pour the whole lot between 2 slices of bread... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Here's one I call a Bread Sandwiche (or Student Sambo):
    You get two slices of bread and place another slice of bread in between them. Butter is optional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Must be structured as below:

Layer of Bread
    Mayo
    Thick Slices of Mature White cheedar
    Smoked Ham (folded Slices)
    Sliced Gerkins
    Crunchy Iceberg
    Soft Cheese
    Bread
    Branson Pickle
    Thick Slices of Mature Red Cheedar
    Two Rashers (Main body cooked, ends crisped)
    Diced Cucumber
    Bread
    Good Mustard
    Blue or Rare Sterlion Steak (Thick and Juciy, dripping blood, yum!)
    On Toasted Cheese layer of Bread

NO cutting, or forks allowed.

Goes well, with pint of Cider or Milk.
    Suggested side survings of wedges, roast chicken and if you can get it good spicy salmi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Simple but incredibly effective:

Cheese
    Crisps (Cheese n onion, Tayto for optimum impact)
    Brown Sauce (Chef)

Mmmm...now if only I could get brown sauce in Brussels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 babyjesus

Originally posted by Bacchus
    Here's one I call a Bread Sandwiche (or Student Sambo):
    You get two slices of bread and place another slice of bread in between them. Butter is optional.

hahahaha

haven't laughed so much all day.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

a friend of mine eats banana and mayo sandwiches weird you might say but it actually tastes ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Originally posted by Beëlzebooze
    peanut butter, chilli sauce and soy sauce all mashed together on a sambo! YUM!

add some grilled chicken, fried onion and cripsy lettuce and you gota serious sambo there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Slice of bread
    Boob
    Slice of bread
    Boob
    Slice of bread

Noting tastes so yummy!!
    :D:D

• Advertisement

And here was me thinking that the first post on page 2 was going to be interesting....

seriously, dude, I know you may only be going into the oral stage of development, but please do try to control yer hormones and keep it relevant

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Sausages, Rashers, White pudding and heinz bbq sauce (must be heinz one!!!) is the best evAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 motorbass

1. Toasted wholewheat brown bread sambo w/cream cheese, smoked salmon and lashings of pesto.

2. Toasted bap with fried egg, sausage, bacon and ballymaloe relish.

3. Warm croissants with brie cheese and blackcurrant jam.

Damn I'm hungry now :(

That post xmas sambo sounds f**ing hardcore

This should be sticky'd for nights of hunger and lack of imagination....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thick brown bread, Salami, Brie Cheese and Sweet Pepper Relish..

I call it the pizza sandwich.. hmmm delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Just go for the classic crisp sandwich. White bread, butter and Tayto cheese and onion crisps. Its cheap, tasy and can be made in about 20 seconds, I mean what more do you want!!!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

A few sambo recomendations for you.

1: Traditional rasher sandwich 2 slices of white bread (preferably batch), buttered. 2 rashers (I find smoky to be the best but regular will do fine too) fried in the pan or, to be quicker or if you're in a hurry, grilled. Don't let the rind burn if you're grilling them, though. Place side by side on a slice of the buttered bread, pour some YR Brown Sauce (it has to be YR Brown Sauce. It just gives it a lovely tangy flavour) onto the rashers, place other slice on top, press down to make sure the butter and brown sauce all melts together under the heat of the rashers. Cut diagonally (for some reason that I can't explain, it just seems to taste even better when it's cut this way. Strange. :confused:). Eat while the rashers are still warm with a great big mug of tea.

2: Traditional rasher and sausage sandwich Same as above but instead of 2 rashers use 1 rasher and 2 fried sausages. Place the rasher in the middle of the slice of bread and the two sausages on either side of the rasher. Once again, YR Sauce it, place other slice of bread on top, press, cut diagonally and eat hot with a mug of tea.

3: After Christmas/St. Steven's Day sandwich 2 slices of white bread, buttered. Some slices of ham and turkey breast. Place a nice big, thick slice of ham (the thicker the better!) on a slice of bread. Cover this in a layer of Chef Brown Sauce (in this case, it has to be Chef Brown Sauce. Just works better flavour wise than the YR, for some reason). Place a nice, thick slice of turkey breast on top of this followed by another layer of Chef Brown Sauce. Place the other slice of bread on top, once again cut diagonally, eat with a nice big mug of tea in front of a roaring turf fire whilst watching Indiana Jones or Superman on the telly for the millionth time! Perfect end to St. Steven's Day! :D

4: Bovril On Toast Thought I'd leave the best or most disgusting sounding till last! :D Yes, I know what you're thinking, "Sick f**ker!", but it's actually not bad. It's not something you'd eat every day of the week but, once in a while, it's quite nice. Toast a slice of bread and spread a thin layer of Bovril on top of it with a knife. Cut horizontally this time and eat. This was introduced to me by a friend several years ago and I also thought "Sick f**ker!" but, once you try it, it's not actually too bad. As I said, not really something you'd eat every day but once in a while it's nice.

Bon Appetit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 motorbass

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Chef brown sauce on a Chrimbo sarny is just plain sacrilege.

Cranberry sauce or I'm not minding the kids this weekend.

One to add to my list:

White batch bread (buttered), Tuna and Panda chocolate spread.

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Paul Hogan's nostalgia sandwich ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

best sandwich ever:

toast/bread ,dont matter really,+nutella now heres the secret...cheese! try it ! its delicious!

Advertisement