Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greatest sandwich ever

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Bread and Butter with a glass of water on the side for dipping.

You can't beat the classics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,452 ✭✭✭✭Victor

/me has a great photo for this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I used to have the same thing for lunch every day...

Long soft buttered bread roll with ham and egg mayo. Grated cheese sprinkled on top, then lightly toasted under the grill...

yummeh!

Haven't had one in ages :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Forgot about this one.. did it before...

got home and saw some fab homemade hamburgers that an aunt of mine made when visiting, the really thick ones with all the spices etc etc etc..

So cooked theses up, with some onions, fresh lettuce, nicely sliced swiss cheese and then discovered my little bro had scoffed all the burger buns..

So saw some bread, the one that comes in a loaf uncut..

Cut 2 big thick slices of that and stuck it under the grill as it wouldnt fit in the toaster, toasted on each side until golden brown, put the slices of cheese with some worchester sauce on them and back under the grill until all nice and melted, then added the burger, onions and lettuce with generous amounts of mayonaise..

Complete once off, but it tasted yummmmmmmmmy...

The hamburger sandwich folks.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

Peanut butter and raspberry jam on think white bread.

Either that or a simple plain ham sandwich with a lots of really good mustard. Not your crappy Colmans Mustard now, but the good stuff.
    with mayo instead of butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the complete breakfast sambo:The Best hangover cure money can buy.

in this order:
    white bread (buttered)
    tomato sauce (chef)
    3x small sausages (denny)
    fried egg (flipped, but runny)
    mushrooms (fried in butter)
    hash brown (sliced through middle so it's thin)
    fried bread
    3x rashers (denny maple smoked)
    tomato (very thinly sliced, fried)
    white pudding (thinly sliced)
    bbq baked beans (heinz)
    tomato sauce (chef)
    white bread (buttered)

and a bloody mary on the side with a little tabasco, lea&perrins and salt/pepper to taste.

guaranteed better hangover fix than anything else (almost).

Advertisement