Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rape claim - 7 premiership footballers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

if you actually watch football you'd know st james' park when you see it

Yes but if u read what was said under the picture then you would see they were just using saint james park as "A Picture of A Football ground" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by irish1
    I hope for everyones sake , especially the girls, that this isn't true.

I agree with eireboy I don't think you could pick 7 players from many Premiership teams that would be capable of this.

Either way I'm sure the Media will find the story great and BLOW IT OUT of all proportions.

if it isn't true then that girl is screwed, 7 false allegations of rape !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

The Sun, which broke the original story, has published these silhouettes . Now I'm not the greatest Premiership watcher but I don't recognise any of them.

Well, maybe the first guy is Martin from Coronation Street. (Isn't that character dating a 17-year old at the moment? Is this the Sun having a laugh?)

Premiership matches in London this weekend were:
    Arsenal v Newcastle (Friday night)
    Chelsea v Villa (Saturday)
    Charlton v Liverpoool (Sunday)

Could be that the whole thing is a concoction.

If it isn't, lock them up (preferably in a small room with seven big men called Bubba) and throw away the key.

'Isn't it funny? If you commit sodomy in Georgia, they lock you up with a big man called Bubba who's gonna sodomise you. That's Southern logic.'
    Robin Wiliams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There are some very strong roumors circulating other team websites that the team in question is Newcastle United.

Have a look at www.redcafe.net or any of the many unofficial club sites with forums like this - The Geordies are mentioned with some authority on these sites.

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The silhouettes look like vague blokes. The only one that stands out is the 3rd one down, which looks like Keith Wood.

I cant help but wonder if Woodgate and Bowyer are involved again? If they are I hope they really get thrown to the wolves..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if 7 convictions are gotten from this the club in question is ****ed. if it's Newcastle well they look like their screwed as it is

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The first one looks like Barry Ferguson, but then again so does the 6th one!!

Keith Wood..:D It does actually!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Every journalist in the country knows who it is.
    my 'source :)' is a journalist friend.
    The same one who told me that john leslie was the guy that ulrika was talking about 2 days after it hit the headlines.
    dont think he was named for another week or 2 after that.
    She said that it was definitely newcastle, but bowyer may or may not be one of them at this point.
    They have 9 names but only 8 are accused. And bowyer may be just in there for the fun of it.

mirror says that they are from a few clubs, not all from one club..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

My money is on .... being the international - is there any odds in the bookies on this or are they touching this one with barge poles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    mirror says that they are from a few clubs, not all from one club..
    Supposedly there is one player from one club and 7 from another.
    My money is on Dyer being the international - is there any odds in the bookies on this or are they touching this one with barge poles?
    Go in to Paddy Power they give you odds on anything you could think of.

I just saw this on another forum.
    A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We can confirm that the Metropolitan Police Service has received an allegation of rape from a 17-year-old female. At this stage it would be inappropriate to comment further.”

No players have been named by the police and the football club, which cannot be identified for legal reasons, said: “We are not making any statement at all.”

The club’s chairman arrived at the training ground before the players yesterday for talks with the manager, who is one of the most respected figures in the sport. One fan waiting outside said: “I come here regularly and I have never seen the chairman come down to the training ground. The players looked concerned. They would normally stop for a chat and to sign autographs, but there was none of that today.”

None of the club’s players commented as they left the training ground. When one star player, who is linked by rumour to the alleged incident, was approached at his home and asked whether he had any comment, he replied simply: “Nice one.”
    That part in bold is a big hint!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Todays Mirror ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13462832_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-I%2DM%2DNO%2DRAPIST%2DSAYS%2DENGLAND%2DFOOTBALL%2DSTAR-name_page.html

last paragraph
    "
    Four of the players - including the star at the centre of the inquiry - were named on a British internet website yesterday.

"

Anyone know who the 4 are or which site named them ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I heard she was really a he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Its like the john leslie thing. it be out in drips and drabs. all fingers point to newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Its like the john leslie thing. it be out in drips and drabs. all fingers point to newcastle

It no longer seems to be 7 players from one club, 3 - 4 clubs seem to be the way the media is running the story.

But hey the Media I'm sure have as much clue as we all have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it was me :(

seriously tho..tis all bs at the min imo.

innocent till proven guilty....then this is the tinterweb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by LizardKing
    last paragraph
    "
    Four of the players - including the star at the centre of the inquiry - were named on a British internet website yesterday.

"
    Anyone know who the 4 are or which site named them ???

I beleive it was rivals.net who have had/did have their forum removed temporarily due to the naming.

There was one non-Newcastle player plus 6 others supposedly from Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

The girl claimed there were "un-natural" sex acts performed on her ???? Potting the brown instead of the pink I reckon. Now what team do we know that has players of that persuasion I wonder ?

The incident took place Friday night - there were 2 teams involved - and it was in London ????

2+2 =4 ????

ReD-nOt- BlUe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by hussey
    the players are *ALLEGEDLY*
    Those Premiership players in the gang-rape story are Newcastle: ...
    Can't imagine that'll be allowed to stay up too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Anybody who claims to know the names of the players who allegedly raped the 17 year old young lady should not post up those names until further notice is given by either an admin or a mod of the soccer board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by red-not-blue
    The girl claimed there were "un-natural" sex acts performed on her ???? Potting the brown instead of the pink I reckon. Now what team do we know that has players of that persuasion I wonder ?

The incident took place Friday night - there were 2 teams involved - and it was in London ????

2+2 =4 ????

ReD-nOt- BlUe

quit talking out your arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Anybody who claims to know the names of the players who allegedly raped the 17 year old young lady should not post up those names until further notice is given by either an admin or a mod of the soccer board.

The posting of these names could have legal implications which boards would like to avoid.

i got an email containing the names of the people(and club) allegedly involved. Was just about to post it till i seen this but fair enough i can see the point you are coming from although i dont fully understand these 'legal implications' that you speak of....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

They are only allegations so why should Boards worry.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who it was.

Q. Name one Charlton player who would have freinds on the Newcastle team??

Q. Who might those freinds be??

I have been told of 4 names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

[Snip]
    Sorry it does.
    When a paper or sombody else publishes this info then that will be fine and you can chat about it all you want, until then please do not post anything that even hints at the names of the players allegedly involved.
    [/Snip]

hope this does not trangress the "legal implications", although in all honesty I cannot see any legal implications for boards. If it is real I hope those lads get sent down for a long time and I hope the girl keeps her identity private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Scotland Yard forensic experts have also been examining rooms at the five-star hotel for DNA evidence.

heh heh heh heh....

and all i can say is these are all tabloid newspapers (yes i saw the bbc and etc..) so what probably happened was the girl was in the hotel with this football player. he kissed her and she went "euwwww!!" and went home.

Originally posted by thegills
    They are only allegations so why should Boards worry.

Because mud sticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i also couldnt see how this would effect boards, anything anyone says on here regarding this is purely speculation (you say wait for the tabloids but how often do they wait to find out if what they printed was true or not?)

speculation means its just going on what we heard/know, we are not judge and jury, thats why i cant see how a case against a public forum where a few people speculated on names (not that anyone has done so) would occur.

i wont post the names like you asked, but i'm intrigued as to why this would have legal implications against boards.

i reckon it will be in the public domain within 36 hours at most. They had to close down the forum section of football365 because someone mentioned it and a unamed premiership clubs website as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Liek I said, once this is in the public domain all can feel free to use the names of the players but as you have said Kone, there have been a couple of sites closed as a result of these names and allegations being published on them.

On topic, I would like to say that if these players are proven guilty, they should certainly have the book thrown at them although if the girl wishes to remain anonymous then I think that these players will not be named as once they are then they can come forward and say girl X has accused me of rape and her anonymity will be lost.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Spike
    heh heh heh heh....

and all i can say is these are all tabloid newspapers (yes i saw the bbc and etc..) so what probably happened was the girl was in the hotel with this football player. he kissed her and she went "euwwww!!" and went home.

I think you should try and remember that this girl has accused someone of RAPE, she has undergone medical examination and recieved councelling, so at this present time we have to believe she is telling the truth.

In which case I find your remarks disgusting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seemingly the following are the parties involved.
    [edit]
    Like is said below, does anybody read a thread before posting, Next user to put up the names is out for a week unless they can link to somewhere that actually has the information published.
    [/edit]
    Just got that in an email, cant confirm it however.

do you see the possibility of some mad football fans blaming her if her identity is revealed?
    I do and If I was her I would be very worried about that. Some less reasonable people might say things like she was just looking for money, etc... and then blame her (if they are guilty) for there downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

> I work in the media and have friends who work for some of the more
    salacious of the tabloid press and apparently the story (which may come out
    in the papers over the next couple of days) is looking like it's a publicity
    seeker after tabloid cash. Allegedly, the girl was seen having breakfast
    with the Newcastle 7 the morning after the supposed incident, and went to
    The S*n 5 hours before telling the police.
    >
    > Allegedly, the other player involved - who is meant to have had fully
    consentual relations - is [edit] Removed name [/edit] of chelsea/charlton. The Newcastle
    players include the usual suspects that have been in trouble before, but it
    looks like they may be being stitched up this time. Allegedly.
    >
    > The names of the players will not come out in the press unless it is 100%
    certain they did it, after the newspaper experience of the John Leslie story
    which they all could be sued heavily over.
    >
    > wait and see...
    >
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

jeez man relax, i was just joking. taking the piss out of how exaggerated loads of tabloid newspapers stories are.
    fine ill be serious from now on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Like I said, once this is in the public domain all can feel free to use the names of the players but as you have said Kone, there have been a couple of sites closed as a result of these names and allegations being published on them.

Can' t people read. :rolleyes: :ninja: ]:)

Originally posted by Spike
    jeez man relax, i was just joking. taking the piss out of how exaggerated loads of tabloid newspapers stories are.
    fine ill be serious from now on....

Sorry didn't mean to go over the top like that, just if this had happened to a freind or family you might not be joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Albert_Malich

Well it's happened very recently so I would have to point the finger at Newcastle. There is a rumour floating around that [REMOVED] was involved (SURPRISED I BET). It has been reported in the papers that Bobby has tendered his resignation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Albert_Malich is banned for a week for putting a players name in his post. Lads we're serious about this.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

This thread has been up since yesterday morning and there was a few names mentioned that it could be. Why are people not allowed post who they think it was? what has changed since yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Its basic really and explained quite well on rivals.net (this is why they shut down their Newcastle forum).

http://newcastleunited.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=893&p=2&stid=8324048
    We were forced to close down the TOTT message board because it was being monitored by several newspapers looking to break the story.

We have links with the websites of the Chronicle and the Journal and we are high profile as regards the national press, who quite often feed us stories, then quote us as the source.

It's a strange way to do business, I'll agree, but that's how the system works.

The police have told the press not to break the story, and they all know who this "international player" is. It's simply a case of who has the bottle to do it! And if someone blabs it out on our message board ... and we are quoted as the source ... we will be closed down and that will be the end of TOTT.

The Daily Express came very close to naming the players this morning, but they were held back by a court order. Which shows how delicate the subject is.

All we can say is we are very sorry that our message board has been frozen, but we have no choice on the matter.

SORRY!

If you see a online newsite or newspaper naming them (ie a proper one and not a mate sent me a email type crap or another forum), then there is no problem.

If we name them then boards could be liable.........

Gandalf.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1052880,00.html

"The players' lawyers are keeping a close eye on press and television reports to see if they have a case for libel."

Disgard...

"Once the names become public on the web, it would be "virtually impossible" for the players concerned to do anything about it, he added."

As everyone knows who owns boards ltd, and who the directors are ect - its not some free message board set up on some free message board site anymore..

So dont even piss about on this topic. Anyone taking the piss will get banned - full stop. I can tell you some people have been already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think you should try and remember that this girl has accused someone of RAPE, she has undergone medical examination and recieved councelling, so at this present time we have to believe she is telling the truth.

Ah well so innocent until proven guilty goes out the window eh?

I mean how dare the legal right of presumtion of innocence be applied?

I'm sure no girl would ever claim rape unjustly. It would be unheard of!

Let me tell you a little anecdote irish1. a lad i knew was taken from his home in a squad car and interviewed over a rape claim once. He was never brought to court, and the culprit was actually found and convicted.
    To this day, he is still referred to as 'the rapist'.

I find your attitude offensive. I find the circumstances of this whole case suspicious.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Well said Xterminator, I agree with you totally.

Originally posted by Xterminator
    Ah well so innocent until proven guilty goes out the window eh?

I mean how dare the legal right of presumtion of innocence be applied?

I'm sure no girl would ever claim rape unjustly. It would be unheard of!

Let me tell you a little anecdote irish1. a lad i knew was taken from his home in a squad car and interviewed over a rape claim once. He was never brought to court, and the culprit was actually found and convicted.
    To this day, he is still referred to as 'the rapist'.

I find your attitude offensive. I find the circumstances of this whole case suspicious.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Albert_Malich
    It has been reported in the papers that Bobby has tendered his resignation.

I love this sort of thing. Let's have a source - oh wait you can't (not just because you're banned) but because there isn't one.

Not one paper has said this, in fact Newcastle have issued a statement saying he isn't resigning. No mention of that Mr. OOh I Broke The News On An Internet Message Board? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm keeping an eye on this thread but as ever the mods are playing a blinder.

Please respect our wishes and do not name or speculate about who it might be.

While we would be libel we can still take a civil case against someone who exposes us to risk. Needless to say, if the police requested your connection details with the correct warrant I would have no problem complying.

We're here to promote discussion, not gossip.

DeV.

I'm watching Sky News at the moment and they said on the headlines that the players have been named on the internet. I'm sure it must have been a big site if Sky News mentioned it.

Originally posted by Johnny_Fontane
    >
    > Allegedly, the other player involved - who is meant to have had fully
    consentual relations - is [edit] Removed name [/edit] of chelsea/charlton.
    >

Is it not a bit TOO obvious who's being talked about here?

the site who named them has been shut down with a court order..

I have heard 4 different sets of names anyway, so most of its waffle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

When the mods on this forum are allowing comments like

"how funny would it be if it was man u or arsenal
    players"

and how many players can get in the "box" I think it's frankly disgusting. Why this thread is still open is beyond me - the matter is sub judice. And the comments on this board do little to dispel the preconception that soccer fans are degenerate scum, frankly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement