Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ohhh Koopa Lost! TO A CA MUPPET

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

I hate bad winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

played death.

Still it proves bunnys point - there's no such thing as a serious game of ca. Koopa had to change his tactics because the opponent thought it was lame - like you're really going to do that in a competition smile.gif.

I've duelled sam like a million times and I can't say I've found him a sore loser wink.gif (ok ok so he won all those games).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I hate them too Dave...especially this one....and I seem to recall beating the ninja Death once....does this mean that I am capable of trashing Koops now?
    I really don't think so...having played him in Limerick a couple of weeks ago and getting so bad a bayting that it actually physically hurt!
    Nevermind Koops...you had a bad game...it happens to us all...(I mean...all my games are bad) But if I had beaten you that day...i wouldn't have had the bad taste to go bragging bout it on boards...like a six year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thought you were gone for the summer smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Ah Koops you're a sound lad and all, I just thought you lost badly last summeer not 'cos of no 'GG' but the silly excuses you made.

I think people just have you a little overrated and that's not your fault. You are a good player, just not the God some people think you are.

You know you'd rape ma ass on dm2 smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hang on now, what people are forgetting is that
    IT WASNT THE CA PLAYERS WHO STARTED THIS!

Death made a challenge which everyone clearly expected him to lose and he showed that there is a lot of skill in CA. How else did death beat koopa otherwise??

Frankly if you all pile into a thread saying "CA Blows, no skill shut it down wecould beat you all with our hands tied" and you get *beat down* when you are asked to put up or shut up I personally would say stick 2 fingers up to the war players.

You obviously cant see how "childish and sore" you appear when you come on saying stuff like that.

Odd isnt it that its the war players mostly who are saying Death is bragging (he's not, he's having a laff and if you saw the logs from that evening you'd know).

Why shouldnt he crow, he shut you war-monkeys up goodo didnt he! hehehe

Koopa is an animal dueler, I dont think there is anyone out there who could confidently say they can repeatedly win the best of say 7 duels with him. I invite you to prove me wrong this weekend in nethouse.
    However, noone can come to "our" turf and expect for us to all bow down and let you treat us like ****. Death sent your first "conquering champion" packing, anyone else up for a non-ra/ya camping game? smile.gif

I'm still curious as to how you think Death beat koopa if CA is for no-skill muppets?
    Did he spam? camp? or just play out-play him smile.gif

DeVore the sh|tstirrer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

and very good **** stirring it is too smile.gif

he should be a politician tongue.gif

J.

/couldn't give a ****. constipation is a terrible thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Deaths kewl but sam let him win it really.
    I watched the demo and koops could won it nps if he used his tactics or camping(arena) depends on how u view it cheeky.gif

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 17-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

actually i just watched the demo right now, and theres a few things i missed while playing the game..

i dont seem to be allowed to camp, but death is allowed to run away from almost every fight throughout the game(watch the demo), and camp(i know its called 'waiting' but its the same thing, just that 'camping' is 'waiting' done continually basically)..

"Death sent your first "conquering champion" packing" - packing?? we came even on frags overall, and he only won by one round didnt he? on top of everything dev, i knew there were a few ppl here who could beat me on modem CA, thats the exact reason that i had said 'LAN' in big capital letters before every 'challenge' i had issued.

ive put the demo up at www.RedBrick.dcu.ie/~doomgod/Koopa_vs_Death_CA.zip
    ,have a look devore before you mouth off about ca l33t-sk1llz players..
    (in response to "Did he spam? camp? or just play out-play him ")

Im fairly annoyed cos watching the demo, death is being an offensive ***** at every opportunity(I didnt notice while playing.. weird, heh)..
    so death my man, every fukking round i win in anything against you from now on, im going to say youre immortal words back to you.. "Ride Me on a Table"

Koo-(fuccking take it)-pah

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 17-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Ohh im sorry did i hurt your feelings with my harsh words to move you from RA.
    Awwwwww A thousand Apologies.

Whats the harm in staying back from someone who has a shaft with you. Only an untrained monkey would try and fight up close all the time. Its called thinking, well mebe.

Well we can leave this now koopa or it can go on fo ages what do you want billy?

• Advertisement

Yeah this thread has made it's point....
    CA is for muppets and spam....Sam was Spammed.

Close Thread. tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

I think Slosh said it there. CA is great for people who just want a quick game after work or for poeple who just don't have time to play wars or just want to play for a bit of fun and relaxation. Wars/duels are for more serious players.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jay Write:
    Yeah this thread has made it's point....CA is for muppets and spam....Sam was Spammed.

In fact the to be fair to Sam he hasnt accused Death of spamming at all. I dont see how spam is the issue here.
    Quake is about fighting, not accountancy.
    Besides, I think you war players stop whining about CA and go back to your armour and weapons. Someone might nick them while you are looking at the boards! tongue.gif

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

ah this myth that CA is all about camping and spamming ?

What? Who? Where? Who untied my shoes?

Its all lies, CA can be camp arena and spam arena, but it also can be really damned good, good EVEN fights, the best level ever made, and the Mighty Devon plays it smile.gif

What about Clan DM games? Ohhhh you pin and level down, and then you shoot ppl who have shotguns ... OHHHHH SO TALENTED, ohh and NO Clan DM games ever have seen camping, pah camping spots is for CA *muppets* eh?

DM's are a different story, talent is actually the sole requiement, I can't take from this, but I find them sooooooo tedious (I wonder will "because your crap" be a common reply to this).
    For me LOIKE CA does it , as ... good TP is needed (TKC), all battles are EQUAL (equal health armour ammo) and ohhh dem fukking MAD jumps when ya point ur rocket launcher on the ground and jump and press fire at de SAME time, dey wule dey do. {!}

Ohhhhhhhhhhh give it to me GUYS {!}

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Waahhh CA is not for Muppets.... some of us dont have the time for Wars...

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 17-06-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

death: you beat koopa in one three round CA duel? I beat koopa in RA. I beat you in RA
    you EVER hear me make any reference in any form to ANYONE about that?
    you struggled to gain some respect by beating one of ie's best dueler, only to waste it
    by mouthing off like a fool.

Dev: your erudite and logical arguments fall about your ears when you carelessly misquote
    me. I have never alluded to or implied that CA can be won by camping an area.

Can we stop referring to sam as 'the arab', it's an entirely inappropriate nickname,
    both factually and legally (does it imply racially motivated discrimination to anyone
    but me?) It's sam's good nature that keeps it 'funny'.... 'the home of everyones favorite
    arab'???? come on for ****'s sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Polish

I know i know posting to usenet enough should teach me better but this is a "me too" post in relation to pox's

I think its quite nasty to call sam "the arab" partically as it started as a term of abuse that reaper used (i think, could be wrong tho)

I questioned sam oe night when dueling how he felt about that motd. I wont speak for him but the impression i got was that he didnt like it but he didnt want to kick up a fuss.

If someone who played q1 was black and as excellent as sam at duels would we call it the home of everyones favourite nigg3r? Thought not
    (dunno if the censor gets rid of **** i presume it does)

ChRoMe

LADS FFS.
    This is completely off topic.
    will someone PLEASE kill this ****ty thread.

CA is good
    Wars are good
    Duels are good
    RA is good
    Team Fortress is Gay tongue.gif

Each to his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Apparently QW Team Fortress is still the second most popular online game!! Did we completely miss something in TF?

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I dont think we've missed alot. I play alot of TF on english servers. I've only played for about 6 weeks, and already I'm annoyed if I dont finish in the top 5 during a game. It's a fun game to play, with instant starts and all, and plenty of variety. I just LOOOOOVE that likkle red dot. smile.gif

I actually think if we had a domestic server, we could be a force in At least English leagues, in a relatively short period of time.

Hail To The King, Baby.

• Advertisement

if we do that, we will NEVER play wars or duels or CA

Down with Team Fortress servers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Gah.

Go play DM4 on Team Fortress then.

Anyway, seeing as it is the most popular mod of Quake played on-line, any chance of shoving it up, to see how things go? Might be interesting, and add a bit of variety to the servers. Ah, gowan, you know you want to.

smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

ahhh **** all of that, i beat the crap out of koopa in a duel on the weekend on the p233, so **** that sore losing stupid ****....yeah

P.S

i didnt beat him, he beat the crap out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Koopa lost, whats the world comming to?

wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Death just as a follow up to this post. I has the privilage of watching Koopa destroy Ser at wwmans lan party on Saturday. I'm afraid your not fit to lace Koopas shoes tongue.gif

gwan Koopa ya mad bastid smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Ah in fairness, Koopa was on his own machine, Ser wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

<snip>
    take it daa post

[This message has been edited by Regi (edited 21-06-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ahhh in fairness Ser was on my system which is better than Koopa's (Well higher spec with a Voodoo3 Card).

So I reakon that evened it up. Watching the match Ser was matching Koopa at the start and then Sam just went beserk. It was a mad match to spec. You just felt Ser wilt under the master shaftyness of Koopa. Jesus lads if we can have a few duels like this at QF & QPII we could nearly sell the TV rights, classic entertainment. (As long as that twat Andy Grey isn't commentating smile.gif)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

drooooooool neeeeeeed demos.
    someone post url please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Advertisement