Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP......XP : INSTAL~1.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close.

• 29-09-2003 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi im using xp and i need to reinstall a DSL connection app whiwh was working until yesterday. when i try to i get the message below. Can anyone please PLEASE assist!

INSTAL~1.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Send the error report to MS etc etc etc

some more details.....

Error signature

AppName: install~1.exe
    App Ver: 5.6.0.2319 ModName: tapi3.dll
    Mod Ver: 5.1.2600.0 Offset: 0003e093

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Why do you need to re-install it?

If it's a case of corrupt reg settings or something like that then try a system restore instead...

Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Restore my computer to an earlier date/time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 babyjesus

reinstall xp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

SYSTEM RESTORE WAS TURNED OFF..... does that mean i cant revert to an earlier config.....

is it really a re install xp job.... if so will that wipe all the software i have installed? and all my files on my c drive

Advertisement