Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media should Leave McGrath alone

• 29-09-2003 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a few sunday papers to read yesterday and I was sickened to see that Paul McGrath a soccer legend was blasted on EVERY paper for his boozeing session that led to him being cancelled from the Dunphy show.

Paul McGrath like thousands of other people in this country has a drink problem a serious one at that, but does that give the media the right to slate him on the front of every paper?

I met Paul McGrath, an idol of mine, in Killarney in Easter 2001 when he was doing a soccer camp with Ryan Hotels. I went over and approached him for an autograph and I have to say he was one of the nicest guys I have ever met, he invited me to sit down with him and 2 mates of his. I ended up talking soccer with him for about half an hour. The guy was a pure gentleman, and I was chuffed to have met an Idol who took the time to talk to me.

I just wish the Media would get off his back his has enough problems in his life without having the media all over him.

Paul McGrath was an Irish footballing Legend and I just hope he will be remembered for that rather than his drinking problem

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Indeed. But you can't stop the media printing this sort of crap, regardless of what anyone says. They're making money from it and they won't stop it for anything.

McGrath was one of the best footballers ever to come from this island and he should be treated with the respect that he deserves. Same should go for George Best and anyone else with problems like theirs.

Advertisement