Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ics nightmare

Options
  • 29-09-2003 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

further to my last thread...i really am cracking up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117207

heres the story...
    server running nt is running dhcp to the network

sat connection was installed but not near the server...hoped to atach the sat to another machine and then share access to rest of the network through software ip sharing...but it aint happening for me...

the net machine has two network cards one for network the other for the sat connection...what am i doing wrong or more importantly what should i be doing right??
    any help would be excellent lads...i am doing my nut...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I know it's not Windows, but:

IpCop is what you need.

Don't be put off, tis a piece of piss to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I know it's not Windows, but:

IpCop is what you need.

Don't be put off, tis a piece of piss to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

trust me from much experience ICS is not reliable or long periods of time..
    and you dont get the level of control u want.

Sygate Office Network, best ICS client out there..

"Sygate Office Network delivers a complete Internet access management solution that provides shared Internet access, a secure firewall, and optimization to maximize the use of the available bandwidth. Sygate Office Network turns any PC into a powerful Internet gateway with enterprise-level management features, while protecting the computers on your network. Now supports the Windows XP operating system"

NAT,free firewall addon which integrates smoothly
    etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ICS is a nightmare.

If you have NT - then simply tick the IP Forwarding on the fourth tab in tcpip properties. (you can do this with workstation too)

This supposes the sat is connected to NT
    If not then it's a reg hack for 98/ME/2K/XP EnableRouting or RoutingEnable

Advertisement