Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling vodafone suscribed crap.

• 29-09-2003 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine made the mistake of signing up for a free ringtone. Since then she's having alerts sent to her phone, which she's being charged for.

I recall seeing that you only need to send a text back to whoever, to cancel.

Whats the code to send, and where do you send it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tell her to register on www.vodafone.ie and she can manage her text alerts there for free.

The full code depends on the alert.

The number to send it to is 51745 and the message is:
    UNS <alert name>

If you check the website, you should be able to find the name of the relevant text alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Good man Seamus. That'll get me a pocket full of brownie points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

This sounds like it might be Vodafones ringtone chart service (free for the first month, 1.50 euro every week after that).
    Is your friend getting this message every Monday?

If so they can unsubscribe by sending the word
    chart
    to 57227

I would make sure this is the service they signed up to though, thats the command to activate your subscription as well !

You can find more information about this by going to the Vodafone website, logging in, and going to the 'fun and games' section of 'My Vodafone', in the 'Vodafone ringtones and logos' section, click on ringtones, on the menu on the right hand side you'll see a link for 'free subscriptions'. More information there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Better again! Thanks soiaf....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its relatively easy to unsubscribe from the top 20 ringtone services that Vodafone offers. Just do what soaif said and that should do the job, if not, call Vodafone and they instruct the service provider(Jinny) to remove it... Thats assuming it is coming from 57227 of course...

• Advertisement
Advertisement