Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIANNA FAILURE / PDs MUST GO

Options
  • 29-09-2003 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Fianna Failure and their useless sidekicks the Regressive Democretins must go..

Seriously at this stage the government has reached new heights of uselessness......what is the actual purpose of the government - can anyone tell me? What is their vision for the future, what do they want to make better?

Instead lets look at the reality this weekend alone:

1 Fianna Failure mows down a nurse while driving his car drunk

1 Fianna Failure has to cough up over €100 grand after being caught cheating on his taxes

Failures still haven't managed to move a single passenger by luas after nearly 10 years and €600,000,000 spent!!!

Lawlor, burke, haughey........

Bumbling, waffling Bertie.......

'nuff said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Apparantly Bertie knew Collins was fiddling his taxes for quite a few months.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/0929/wrightgv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by bertiebowl
    Fianna Failure and their useless sidekicks the Regressive Democretins must go..
    [/i]:

I like that RD instead of PD.

Anyway I think you'l find most people agree BUT as a lot of people have said in other threads, Theres no Opposition No alternative to the Fianna Failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

If everyone votes for the SWP it should put the sh1ts up these parties enough to get their acts together. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

Originally posted by The Saint
    If everyone votes for the SWP it should put the sh1ts up these parties enough to get their acts together. :p

Well, while I wouldn't be a fan of an SWP government (did you ever see their arguments on indymedia.ie? it's like that scene from life of brian about the judean people's front/people's front of judea/splitters thing) it's about the only remaining option at this stage. Fine Gael aren't worth a good god damn at this stage(they're not even banking on winning the next election, their overall aim is apparantly to just win back the seats they lost).

Sadly, even IF the ordinary citizens who elected them could be persuaded to move en masse in protest against their ****ehawkery it probably wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference given the unspoken policy of FF to ignore the wishes of absolutely everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

While i agree with the outline of the sentiments of the arguments put forward above, i want to point out that there is a credible alternative government there and as bad and all people see Fine Gael are you really saying you would prefer Fianna Fáil to stay in power? Unless labour pull off a miracle, Fine Gael is the only alternative to Fianna Fáil in government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 motorbass

wharrabout Labour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lanky

There's no one to vote for really.....in fairness who would want to become a politician?

It is a terrible job..... and IM tired of small minded people saying they are paid too much when any of them... could possibly lose their seat at any stage...,

like look at Spring he lost his seat, an excellent politician..

Theres no incentive... they need to be paid more....

Get the best people motivated to become our politicians....

not small minded, people who phone into radio shows with their bitter viewpoints.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

While I come from a family that would never have traditionally had anything to do with Fianna Gael, I think they wouldn't form that bad of an alternative

1)Apart from Kennylite, they have some real intelligent honest politicians, Brutons' Mitchell, who actually seem to care about more than a tent at the Galway races.

2)The rainbow was a pretty good goverment, no party had the power to influence policy, they laid the groundwork for the celtic tiger, sound fiscal policies. John Bruton just wasn't made for the media, but its a sad day when image is more important for a politician than intellectual prowess.

3) They need to develop an identity. We have too many parties that occupy the middle ground, all gunning for the same group of voters. Individualism is good. Thats what confused me when Inda made the statement about cancelling/delaying benchmarking. It made fiscal sense, benchmarking has not been implemented. Economists saw the sense in it, yet he was blown out of the water, by the same hacks that howl at Fianna Fail, and yet go drinking with then down at the races.

Advertisement