Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Arsenal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Originally posted by red-not-blue
    Liverpool play with pride and determination no matter how down the results get.

You can never write us off, to do so would be foolish. Anyway with the 3 points against Arse this week we will get our season back on track. God help manc when they come to fortress Anfield. They can pay what they like for their players and dancers and divers - on that day we will teach you a lesson in spirit and football and show Ferdinand and the Nobble brothers for the useless twats they really are !!!

Liverpool supporters all come and support you side here and let Arse and manc prawn sandwich gobblers know what it's all about.

ReD-NoT-BlUe [/B]

Hahaha I'd love to know were you get this confidence from ?
    Fortress Anfield ??? dont make me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Great result for the Arsenal :)

In fairness, Liverpool were unlucky not to get a point, were really on top for the whole of the first half. Much improved Arsenal performance in the second half without really getting into gear - Toure I thought was outstanding again, with Edu impressive as well.
    Liverpool had some injuries going into the game for sure but still, we were without Bergkamp, Freddie and the man PV4 - don't think Gerrard would have had as much posession if he was playing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by RasTa
    Hahaha I'd love to know were you get this confidence from ?
    Fortress Anfield ??? dont make me laugh

From your post I am assuming that you did not see the game then Rasta...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Liverpool should have been at least 3-0 up before Gooners got a v lucky equaliser but they didn't take their chances and were punished, Liverpool were by far the better team before Arse equalised but in the second half a different story all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i dont think liverpool were unlucky. ars had a few chances and took them well.

i think at the minute manu and ars are playing the way liverpool were playing last season. and vice versa. it's a phase with all teams, you dont perform for 4/5 matches in a season. if you pick up points from them its a sign of a classy team.

ars got 3 points today without performing and i thought they fought hard for them but didnt play the attractive flowing football liverpool did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Great first 20 mins for the pool, as was said could easily have been 3 or 4 up if Owen was on form. Arsenal showed signs of their midweek travels and were not playing at their usual standard. Liverpools lack of dept in squad was evident from the substitutions . Walsh and heskey hardly instilled fear in the gunners.

Fair result in the end, If the pool could produce a full 90 mins of the football they played for 20 mins today they would be serious contenders. Kewell was excellent today even on the right where his goal came from but he did mis a similar chance a few minutes later.

I thought with Arsenals injuries and the week they had travelling that it was a good time for Liverpool to play them and that the pool may have just sneaked a win. Unfortunatly it wasn,t to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    From your post I am assuming that you did not see the game then Rasta...

I did, didnt see any fortress Anfield today, if u cant kill your games that are at home against the top teams what hope have you of winning anything. Allthough im not writting liverpool off yet.
    (i wanted them to win today btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I was really pleased with the first 50mins but in fairness arsenal hadn't started to play til then. Poor finishing meant that Liverpool deserved to lose.

Arsenal at their best would be 3-0 up against teams after about half an hour, you can play as poor as you want after that. Liverpool had the opportunity to do this but if the ball doesn't go in the net then we don't deserve to win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

I would love to know how people reckon that was a fair result. The Arse got a ridiculously poxy own goal off Sami and were played off the park for 60 minutes. Pires got a great goal but didnt do a thing for the rest of the game. Still I can take heart in that we played some great football and we cant keep losing creating as many chances as we are...

I would love to know how people reckon that was a fair result.
    Fair result because Arsenal took their chances Liverpool didn't.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Fair result because Arsenal took their chances Liverpool didn't.

How is an own goal a chance??

Granted arsenals first was lucky but they all count. If the pool had taken all their chances they would have won easily. They didn't kill the gunners off when they had the chance so they didn't deserve to win. Fair result IMHO.

If you can honestly say that Liverpool didnt deserve at the very least a point from that game then I dont know how you can see at all through those red- tinted specs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by marct

Lets not be pedantic marct, there are hundreds of owngoals that win matches every year.

Pires ball was a fantastic one that wasn't dealt with properly by the 'pool defence. Can't really single anyone out to blame but Edu probably shouldn't have been able to get to he ball in the first place and it was his intervention that lead to the deflection and goal. It was an unlucky deflection off Edu that set up Kewels goal too!

I thought, overall a draw would have been a fair reflection of the match. Pool dominated most of the game but the longer the game went on, the more you sensed that they were going to need a penalty or free kick to score. Arsenal by contrast had fits and starts and you always feel when they go forward they can score.

Main gripes with the game were Ashley Coles persistant mouthing off, really Wenger needs o take that guy aside and slap some sense into him.

If Owen is out for long Liverpool are really going to be stretched.

• Advertisement

I agree with most of that Sykierl. Im actually starting to know what Utd fans were on about complaining about the Arse after their game. They foul and whinge constantly. At one stage the Arse had given away 16 free's to Pool's 5. Frustrating..

Originally posted by marct
    I agree with most of that Sykierl. Im actually starting to know what Utd fans were on about complaining about the Arse after their game. They foul and whinge constantly. At one stage the Arse had given away 16 free's to Pool's 5. Frustrating..

I saw that, Cole (and later on Pires) just hacked anyone who went near the last 20 yards of the left hand touchline.

I must say though, hats off to Wenger for putting Touré in defence.

Hats off to GH for putting Biscan in the pool defence. Hopefully we can drop Hyppia soon and play with two centre backs. I think the position of club captain at Liverpool is cursed, Fowler and Redknapp were the previous two...

Its a bit of a conundrum really. Igor has played well and done nothing wrong, but perhaps Sami's poor form is because he doesnt have the same understanding with Igor that he has with Henchoz. It would be harsh on Igor if he were dropped but I do believe that we wouldnt be conceding from set- pieces if Henchoz were back...

What I see most likely is that Sami will be dropped but only as a kick in the ass, Biscan will play on for a few more games and then the old pairing will be back together.

At least we know that we have a third CB even if the chemistry isn't perfect yet.

• Advertisement

If you can honestly say that Liverpool didnt deserve at the very least a point from that game then ..

Unfortunately you dont get points for creating chances. Arsenal did enought to win the game without playong at their best. I think they could have upped a gear had the need arisen but it didnt. I am expressing this as my opinion not fact.
    I dont know how you can see at all through those red- tinted specs

More insults for expressing my opinion. A liverpool win would have been preferable for Utd. supporters. Unfortunatly liverpool were not good enought to get that win . Thats not my fault, so I suggests you direct your anger elsewhere.
    Im actually starting to know what Utd fans were on about complaining about the Arse after their game. They foul and whinge constantly. At one stage the Arse had given away 16 free's to Pool's 5. Frustrating..

Funny how you only noticed this when you own team were on the recieving end. Did you also notice Diouf diving all over the place or does you new open mindedness stretch that far?

Diouf, in fairness, has very tenuous hold on staying upright:) As for your points about my new found open- mindedness about the Arse- look through some of my past posts as you are so fond of doing and you will see I never said they were'nt a nasty team. My only point during that furore was that it was blown out of proportion and wouldnt have received half as much attention if the teams involved had been ManU and the Arse. BTW your 'opinion' and posts regarding Liverpool are constantly barbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Bad result for Liverpool in so far as we dominated 60minutes of the match and played very well and still didn't win.

A draw would have been fair.

Why can't someone shut The Muppet up?

That is all

Originally posted by jonno

Why can't someone shut The Muppet up?

That is all

To be honest, it'd be a less entertaining forum without him.

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

AHH thats nice.:D

Advertisement