Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Rourke wiping her hands of Luas Fiasco

Options
  • 29-09-2003 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Coddled in the bosom of €300 / hr consultants for five long drawn out years with virtually unlimited financial resources to sort the job out, Senate leader Mary O’Rourke today denied any and all liability for the Luas screw up.

Totally at variance with her brilliant performance on eircom and its grossly overpriced IPO, the screwed up mainline rail network, airports, and BB internet, which were also under her charge for about half a decade.

Might forgive her if she got at least one thing right. And now she has the audacity to try and wash her hands…

www.maryorourke.ie

Floater

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

It wasn't her hands she wiped as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Of course Mary was meant to make a decision on the Airport line in something like 1998 ... she must have had too many consultants reports in her in tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Is it just me or is that link not working?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

i think it's called collective irresponsibility, where everone blames everyone else and in the end no one has to take the blame. It's just as well we have decisive leadership or this country would be in a right mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

President Truman had a sign on his desk during his time in office. It read "The buck stops here". Mary O Rourke would do well to remember that, instead of wishing to pass it on to her expensive consultants and underlings. As Minister for Transportation, she was the figurehead, the person responsible for overseeing the nations transportation projects.

It is increasingly typical that anyone involved in a large scale project that goes wrong will look to blame somebody else. In the Luas fiasco, I blame the person in charge, and that was clearly Mary O Rourke. Now, the mess has been handed over to Seamus Brennan. I don't expect an efficient resolution, but a measure of responsibility and leadership is required, something which has been - to date - sorely lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

So then are we all agreed not to vote FF in the next election then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Floater

Originally posted by Imposter
    Is it just me or is that link not working?

No it is not just you...

Her website has been "down" since the internet was invented, if you get my drift :D

Floater

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

...she still receives telegraphs to her bathtub.

The buck stops with Bertie Ahern, if he appoints someone and they can't/don't do the job, he's gotta find someone who can.

Advertisement