Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torx Screwdriver

• 29-09-2003 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywere that sells T3, T4 ,or T5 size torx head screwdrivers .Trying to remove a Controller from Laptop hard- drive and the smallest size T6 wont do. tried most of the larger Tool shops around with out any luck I need to get data of this drive asap.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try Capel St - McQuillans Or RS
    Other trick is to file down a small terminal or screwdriver

Good luck with Swapping controllers - they are not as interchangable as they used to be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Maplin have them. And security torx bits too - but they only seem to go down to T8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

McQuillans in Blanchardstown dont have anything smaller then T6
    Maplins same . I can get them from the states but it would take a couple of weeks. tks anyway guys

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They are also used on a lot of Mobile phones
    maybe a phone shop might know where to get them..
    (got a set at home somewhere that does nokia - no idea where I got them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

Well people seems noone in this part of the world has these items so orderd from the states size t1- t5 cost €28 plus €14 P&P(crazy P&P)
    takes 2 weeks, but sure if you need them you need them
    FYI
    MOB

• Advertisement
Advertisement