Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet More Clicksilver Issues

Options
  • 29-09-2003 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

The following is an email I sent to utv support last Monday. I have yet to receive a response. I phoned up regarding this on thurdsay, was promised twice by a fellow who gave his name as John that a supervisor would call me back regarding my problems later that evening. I have yet to be contacted. Any comments or suggestions would be more than welcome.

After struggling with the Zyxel 630-11 for nearly two months, I am forced to request that you send me out a replacement modem as this one seems to be faulty. This is certainly not a hasty request, bearing in mind that I have explored every other avenue of possibility open to me, going so far as to reinstall WindowsXP; and it would be no exaggeration to state that I have uninstalled and reinstalled your software a hundred times. I have doublechecked all relevant drivers, power settings, and network settings and none of these appears to be at fault. The most frustrating thing about the problems I encounter is that they are not static, rather a variety of different errors and issues render your service unavailable to me for periods of time. I trust that I will soon receive receipt of a replacement modem. On a positive note, I must commend the scope of knowledge and commitment to assisting me I encountered whilst dealing with your support staff over the phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by christ
    The following is an email I sent to utv support last Monday. I have yet to receive a response. I phoned up regarding this on thurdsay, was promised twice by a fellow who gave his name as John that a supervisor would call me back regarding my problems later that evening. I have yet to be contacted. Any comments or suggestions would be more than welcome.

After struggling with the Zyxel 630-11 for nearly two months, I am forced to request that you send me out a replacement modem as this one seems to be faulty. This is certainly not a hasty request, bearing in mind that I have explored every other avenue of possibility open to me, going so far as to reinstall WindowsXP; and it would be no exaggeration to state that I have uninstalled and reinstalled your software a hundred times. I have doublechecked all relevant drivers, power settings, and network settings and none of these appears to be at fault. The most frustrating thing about the problems I encounter is that they are not static, rather a variety of different errors and issues render your service unavailable to me for periods of time. I trust that I will soon receive receipt of a replacement modem. On a positive note, I must commend the scope of knowledge and commitment to assisting me I encountered whilst dealing with your support staff over the phone
    If you contact me at malcolm@u.tv I will arrange for a replacement modem and new filters to be sent out to your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Probably not relevant to Christ's dilemma, but under Mac OS X Panther beta I was unable to connect with the ZyXel modem. It seemed to me that it was the modem software rather than the modem, but anyway I returned it and bought a D-Link ADSL Router, which was almost flawlessly plug and play (use IE rather than Safari to do the configuring) and links up all the computers in the house into the bargain.

Since connecting we have had only one problem with the ClickSilver service; late last night we weren't getting any connection. I turned off the power to the modem and when turned back on it righted itself.

I am not sure whether the speed we get is as high as it ought to be, but 24-hour always on is more important to me.

Advertisement