Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that actually has to do with quake.

Options
  • 21-06-1999 6:56pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're going to be playing finland online.
    Everything has yet to be decided but they are keen for games and we need them.

As a tip of the hat to some of our great players who I havent yet included in team.ie I'll play a few different squads against them.

I hope to get these guys to be our practise buddies online before scotland. All hpb connects only. (lpbs excluded even with proxy lag, at least for the official games).

We have to find a common server we can both get decent pings to (they have suggested sweden (!) I'll be suggesting BW unless someone can post an alternative).

I'm sure we can get a few clan games maybe against them too but I swear if anyone (and you all know the people I am refering to) abuses them I'll quit and that will be the end of it.

If theres one thing I cant abide its people abusing others who are doing us a favour.

This is a great oppurtunity to play a great team online. Whos up for it?

DeV.

ps: oh yah almost forgot, kudos to MP (and I believe Blade) for making first contact and putting me on to their captain.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Ill play, ive got me pace back =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Yah me too, Pings too findland are good. Get 170 at night cheeky.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

mmm minimum 800 ping, quake.inet.fi, mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

me n blaster play on the aul .FI FFA servs smile.gif

pings are grand bout 7am smile.gifsmile.gif

good idea tho deV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

U got a **** line so koops smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

why modems only???
    Don't UK modemers use rate 10000 anyway???
    whats wrong with proxy lag?

I really just don't understand.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll see what I can do, but its the HPB team that we will be playing.

I'll see what I can organise.

DeV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

To the best of my knowledge Jay on the servers we will probably have to play on you guys from UL will get stupid base pings of 100 but with major PL spikes on top of that so I don't think proxy lag will even come into it for yous. It's gonna be hard to sort out a good server too for us on modems because from what I can make out from Indigo BW is one of the worste servers lag wise, there are other ones that ping better such as Nildram, Claranet and the CQC ones but even at that with Indigo one day you've 7 hops to BW the next your routed to the states and back.

Blade

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well I leave that to von and the lads to find a decent server, they know the most about foreign war servers.

connects to BW for me have been great lately. 80 pings etc. (down from about 300!)

DeV.

i was talking to them tonight, and seeing as we get 200-250 ping to their server , and they get 200-250 ping to ours, i suggested we do a game on inet followed by a game on indigo on the same map, guy said he would come back tomorrow with answer.

by the way, anyone else think death32c gives ****e FPS??
    maybe we should just do death32a..

and could all people possibly playing on the team please clean up their f_modified, and f_skins should reply "team cheeky.gifase enemy cheeky.gifase"

you will need qwcl vers. 2.33-0005 and qizmo vers. 2.80.. im trying to get them to use the same, so we can make sure noone is using skins (unless they want to allow fullbright, which i dont think they do)

• Advertisement

****ing smileys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Death32? 10v10? Or what.

Pings ok to here wherever that is. Holland i think. 195.193.163.70:27500

Running a qizmo on indigo would be good idea if the load on server resources was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Blade,
    The UL connect is perfect in the summer, providing that no more than 2 people connect.

Me and OL, have been using it at weekends..it is PERFECT.
    even to servers in Australia. Pings steady 130, and PL about 3%

I am not thinking of me playing, I am thinking of Beast, as he would still kick the crap out of any modemers in this country, with proxy lag turned on, bar koopa.

Surely you don't want to leave the better players on the sideline.

I reckon the team should be,
    Koopa, Beast, Von, Blade/Tomb(if he still plays).

why dont you play on a German server?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Jay: ye I know your connect is ok at the moment, I wasn't talking about the lag you were getting pre summer, I meant your routing to various servers seemed very bad, BW for example, I think it was BW where ol was playing with a 100 base ping jumpy to 150 or so but with regular PL lag on top of that. Tis only a routing problem like.

I've hopped around loads of servers with the Captain of the Finnish team trying to find a happy medium but the fact that he said most of them are on 28.8 modems made things even more difficult. BW was just too good for us, I was getting 130's he was getting 170's, all the servers they suggested I was getting 220 to 250 and they were getting 170's, the closest I could come up with was a Dutch server which gave us 150 and them 170 but even at that they were still compaining but I'm sure we'll get them to agree soon. Thing is they could turn around on the day with much lower pings if he was messin about them all only having 28.8's like him, ah myself and von will find somewhere, leave it to us..

Blade

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can we get Devore banned from posting? He kepts posting about Quake related stuff and it's just lowering the tone of the board man! Least slag a few Q2 heads so it looks like you care. cheeky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

I can hold the dm6 section if your hard up wink.gif..hehe

the 4k server or spg ones give cool heanet...

what about connects via ocean(everyone is using it)net?

Ro.

Advertisement