Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiniDisc Problem

• 30-09-2003 12:54am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought a sony minidisc player/recorder afew months back, and was more than happy with it... it has Net MD, and thats mainly how i record on it, as the only line in is optical and none of my current appliances have optical connections (although I can use analog connections, but i couldnt be bothered).
    Anyway, heres the model I have:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=ER_kBFiVdlzkJ2ft0jXuDxeEzRfYRdTJeRE=?ProductID=q4oKC0%2eNtB4AAAD302gEn9tf (minus the car kit!!)

Now my problem is this... i recently started a course in journalism and so use MD players for recording Vox Pops... sadly, with my optical connection the Mic pickup is very very poor, almost inaudible.
    I went into Maplins and was told that i could get a booster but itd be bulky and would have limited effects, but was told that sony have a range of mics(or maybe adaptors) for this purpose and to try a sony centre. Naturally they were useless and so far Ive had no look in finding these supposed mics.
    Does anyone know of these or where to get them??

i appreciate all your help, thanks
    Flogen

Advertisement