Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No previous Exp - companys

Options
  • 30-09-2003 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Ok I know there is a thread entitled Insurance companys

but Just wondering apart from
    axa and quinn-direct
    what companys (not brokers) insurane drivers with no exp at all??

I am 24 .. but I've rang a few and most of them tell me that I need exp to be quoted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Quinn Direct are the worst company i have ever dealt with in my entire life. Stay away from them if you can. Unfortunatly with no exp you dont have a lot of choice i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sorrento

Try www.insure.ie for some reason I got quotes of insurance companies through this site that wouldn't quote me on the phone. And they somehow give better quotes than the companies themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mickey_t

Hibernian will insure drivers with no experience, if they have a full license and pass the ignition course. I think its the cheapest option. A mate of mine (same age) is on Quinn direct with a 1.2 litre car for €2500 and I'm on Hibernian with a 1.1 for €1600.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, my insurance for a Corsa 1.2 is €1220 with my current insurer, Quinn Direct. If I had parttaken in the Hibernian Ignition course and passed it with 20% I'd have got insurance for €1150. AXA was by far the worst quote with €2600 3rd Party F&T!

Hibernian would probably be the best though as they also offer windscreen insurance included in the quote. I intend to switch to Hibernian next year when I hope to have an NCB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jf_cole

ARB will, but not always competitive.

If the car is 98 or newer, you have a full license, are factory or office based they might be able to help.

Have you ever been insured at any time before?

If you want, forward your details to j.cole@arb.ie and i will see what i can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

QuinnDirect have offered me €3374 Third Part, Fire & Theft on a 98 1.9 diesel Golf. It's my first policy, I'm 23 and still on a provisional. I thought that was pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

paying €4609 here with Fbd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

3,374 euro on a golf is brilliant! Im 23 and the best quote I got from Quinn Direct on a 1L 97 Punto was 3,075 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Im 20. On a provisonal licence, no Exp.
    I was thinking of getting my own car there for a wwhile, and getting quotes averageing E4000 from insure.ie. Hibernian i think it was.

That was based on a 1.4 (1360) peug 206.

I think ill get insured on my dads car as a neame 1st, that way get a yrs exp and then do the test and hopefully have a full licence for nxt yr, and maybe look at my own yoke then.

Anyone have views on this, is the above idea good, pay whatever it is to get insured on my dads, (Its a 1.9) prob cost me 1500 - 2000 or pay 4000 for my own insurance

Advertisement