Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dredd Vs Death Demo

• 30-09-2003 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Well... I got this off a cover disk over the weekend, and played. It's nothing special, although quite an authentic representation of mega city 1. Albeit a fairly empty mega city one.

The law giver is great fun, switch to incendiary, and watch the perps burn. Excellent.

I wasn't super impressed with it, but will probably buy it once it's out, seeing as I'm a Dredd fan. You should be able to download here

Anyone else played it? Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

well, i spent 10 hours downloading the damn thing last week & breezed through the demo on hard in under half an hour (and i normally play fps' on easy/normal)
    if thats any sign of the lifespan of the full game then i'm definitely waiting for it to go budget.
    fingers crossed they'll tweak the difficulty for the pc version]:)
    (soz, just had to try the new smiley...)

good points: nice presentation, good music, the lawgiver, its dredd ffs!, mega city one looks beaut, the rain on dredds visor.

bad points: just one gigantic red bull advert, piss easy (apparently that was "ONE FULL CHAPTER"!!!!), repetetive voice samples.

i'm not hugely dissapointed nor amazed by it really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

The arcade mode on the demo, particularly the Zombie level, is more fun than the game itself. Simple mindless fun blasting away at everything that moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah yeah, the arcade mode is fairly gas alright.
    didn't realise there was more than 1 mission to do in that (the zombie headshot one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I havent played the demo, but the game was reviewed in last motnhs OPS2 magazine and if i remember rightly, only scored a 7.
    But thats the ps2 version, maybe the P.C will be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

That review was most likely based on a beta version, which shouldn't have been sent out. (or so I read)
    I'd guess the same applies to the demo. Apparently there's still a bit of tweaking going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I been playing DvD for a couple of weeks now and i find the storyline to be very weak and the multiplayer action slow, the red bull ad's are kinda crappy,the pc version is a console port with tweaked gfx.not really worth E45 unless your a hardcore 2000AD fan imo.

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Combatcow
    the pc version is a console port with tweaked gfx.not really worth E45 unless your a hardcore 2000AD fan imo.

CombatCow

Was actually thinking it felt very "consoley" what with the little arrows telling you where to go. The movement also just feels very "consoley"... and yeah, the redbull business is crap.

I'll still get it though. Cos as tman said "It's Dredd!"

Advertisement