Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formated drive in error

• 30-09-2003 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Can anyone help?

I formated my D: SCSI drive in error. I was trying to install XP on to the C: drive and for some reason I went and formated the D: drive instead.
    I had also copied all my data/MP3 files to the D: drive for their safe keeping.

Finally I formated the drive as NTFS so I could play with .VOB files.

Is there anyway to unformat or undelete the files?

I tried NDD but it can not see the NTFS drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

You could try Easy Recovery Professional to get the data back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

there was a good few posts done about the programs you would need to do this sort of thing last year cant rember what they were called

im sure somone knows what it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

If you formatted with the same file system as was already there, then you should be able to get them back. If you were using FAT32, and formatted for NTFS, then you're in big trouble...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

GetDataBack

They have a different version for FAT and NTFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Don't turn on your computer, everytime you do windows will be writing over lost files. If there is some really important files you want back pm me. I'm feeling generous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

www.bitmart.net

Product called Restorer 2000 saved about 60 gigs of MP3s and DivXs for me after a similar thing happened me. Only difference with me was while trying to sort my windows problem out (before I realised the wrong disk had been formatted) I'd formatted the drive a few times both fat32 and ntfs! And still got most of my stuff back.
    You can d/l the demo and let it scan the drive to see how much it can recover, then pay for a key to actually recover your data (or PM me for a lend of mine).
    Like I said most of the MP3s and Divxs were fine but for some reason a lot of MS documents were corrupt after recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭omathuna

Thanks guys for you offers of Help.
    I used Eurorunner's suggestion of Easy Recovery. I had to delete the NTFS partition and then Easy Recovery did a raw data scan and picked up most of my files.
    Thanks again, it is great to know there are still people willing to help out.

Advertisement