Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win95 and office 97 Q. (nostalgia time :) )

Options
  • 30-09-2003 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

A bit of a weird problem, wel I think it's weird anyway.

Win95 PC running Office 97. No problems there. Office runs fine.

New network printer set up (HP4550), pc prints fine and has a grand time connecting to the network.

now for the weird bit: Excel 97 will not print. Only excel, every other part of office is fine. Notepad prints grand. Printer driver is installed nicely and has been happily reinstalled.

Office has not yet been reinstalled (but that's a last resort in this case).

if you go to file>>print in excel there are no printers available for selection, at all. not a sausage. it's as if there are no printers installed.

I always thought that office used the same printer drivers for all it's sub programs. Anyone got any ideas (other than upgrading windows or office.. trust me I've tried to convince them of this already).

thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

HP printer drivers (RANT) In WFW expand printm*.* from disk 5

Add a dummy printer - HP laset jet (no model number) - point it to the same port.. - or even setup a generic text only printer to print to file - to see if excel sees any of them..

Try setting the margins to 1.5 INCHES all around the page - sometimes this works ..

The machine does sound a bit too old/slow to use www.openoffice.org instead of Excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thanks, will give it a go and let you know how it gets on.

Advertisement