Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

billing problem

Options
  • 30-09-2003 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

last month i got a bill dated July 24th to August 24th
    for netsmart which was 60 euros.

today i got a bill dated from July 24th to September 24 th
    on it was 27 euros for netsmart

and a 106 for internet calls

it seems i've been billed three times for netsmart, this is strange, but where mulder snd scully enter the equation is; i've been connecting with iol anytime since late August. there is no billing for this so far as i can see, unless anytime comes under "internet calls". it seems one fatal mistake i made was to assume the netsmart account was deactiviated. i'm sure other people have had simliar problems. Is there much success rate in challenging these bill, and if so who is the best person in esat bt to contact?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Definitley challenge this bill, it is up to them to deactivate your netsmart account when you changed over . I was in the same position as you (changed from netsmart to anytime) and i phoned and enquired specifically about this point and i was told that the netsmart a/c would be deactivated automatically as soon as my application for anytime was processed- Not deavtivated means its thier mistake. Dont have contact details here - sure someone else will post them soon

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by ai ing
    ...Dont have contact details here - sure someone else will post them soon

You could email customercare@esatfusion.ie, but you would have to wait about 5 days for a reply, a kneejerk stock spool whose text was determined by the keywords used in your email, not much use.

So you may prefer to phone customercare, 1800 923 222.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Im glad im not the only one with this problem, Esat seem to just pick randomly selected numbers off the top of there head and then say thats your bill, my last bill that i got from them was for 144 euro, my netsmart account has been deactivated i know this cause i tried it.

The deal with this anytime as i saw it when i signes up is bi-monthly billing at 30 euro a month, which adds up to 60 euro, so where did the other 84 bloody euro come out of

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

If your Anytime agreement began during the July, you got a month free or something.

But rather than simply not charge you 30 for one month, and then charge the usual 30 from there on, they charged 20 for three months or something like that (don't have the exact details for this) so two of their debits wont add up to 60.

Further the first debit, will have the final NetSmart fee on it.

This is perhaps why your debit was uneven, as you say.

Advertisement