Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access 97 Issue

Options
  • 30-09-2003 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have a quick question about a bug i cant get out of my database in access 97.
    I have 3 main forms where i have a button to move back and forth to the main switchboard. The Code for moving back and forth to the main screens works for one screen only.

Private Sub Cmdback1_Click()
    Form_Switchboard.Visible = True
    Form_twusage.Visible = False
    Form_Adddel.Visible = False
    End Sub

This should and does for the first screen , move from say twusage to the switchboard screen but however when i move to say the other screen adddel the button will not activate.
    This will happen the other way too so i dont think it is a code issue. For it to work i have to build the event when i open the program so the program knows what it has to do and then it will work sweetly for the time i have the database open until i have to close it. Then i have to reactivate the code again. Any one have any ideas on how to combat this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you on XP it might be one of the XP windowing bugs. Even some MS products on Xp if a bad setting is picked for desktop, can launch a modal window UNDER the parent app. Then you stuck!

I found that on Display properties changing back and forth to show contents while draging (with apply) forced a correct redraw.

I'm now using an API call to ensure windows on top ARE on top,

But perhaps you have a totaly different problem. I don't use Access at all, using MSDE + VB6 for same things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

Using Windows 2000 Pro. It looks like i will have to take this program home and try it using VB6 or C# and see will it make a difference as i am still waiting on my software license for Visual studio here at work and only have the option of working in Access

Watty Thanks for your help anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Did you try using the Forms collection

Forms("Form_Switchboard").visible = true

Long_b
    I ll give it a go now
    Thanks

Its ok , Got it Sorted by using DoCMD Command :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement