Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cena Vs angle

• 30-09-2003 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

highlight of no mercy i think so.
    it is agenst good competation Eddie Vs Big show, Brock Vs Taker, A-train Vs Benoit (what did Benoit do to deserve this) and lol Farther daughter i quit match, tag match and cruiserwaight match

(some of these matches are speculation)

looks like a good ppv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Yeah i'll agree here. Cena V Angle should be quite good to say the least.

Eddie and Show? What the fsck?! What are they thinking. As much of a god Eddie Guerrero is, even he can't save the dog of a match that's gonna turn out.

Lesar and Undertaker, snorefest.
    The McMahons are gonna suck
    Benoit and GayTrain. Hey if someone's gonna put Benoit over, it might as well be that useless lump of sh|t.

But what about Mattitude???
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Ive said it before,and ill say it again. Cena is gonna be HUGE,and Angle already is the 2nd best in the company(eddie,as i say,is the best). Both men can work the mic Brilliantly,and you saw Cena's first televised match against angle. This could well be the match of the year(with competition from Raw last night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Cena and Angle should play very well off each other, the contrast in styles should be interesting and a long term feud with angle would help elevate Cena to main event status.

Cena has the tools to be huge in WWE, he has the wrestling skills, the mic skills and the gimmick. Pitting him against Angle should raise both their games, Kurt was getting a little stale facing Brock week in week out.

After looking at the Before they were WWE Superstars 2 DVD, you see the match between Cena and Angle when Cena debuted and in fairness, it was pretty solid, eventhough they didn't know what the hell they were gonna do with Cena.

Now that he has a character. Not only are we guaranteed solid match for the PPV, but a week of brilliant buildup.

Dare i say it? Do we have a match of the year candidate? :)
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

when this character of cenas kicked off i used to cringe. now it is one of my highlights of Smackdown. i liked that little feud he had with Eddie Guererro

Cena v Angle, can't wait

To think,it was halloween night last year when he first walked on to our screens as "vanilla ice" for the party,and i think it was during a Kurt angle-Brock Lesnar feud. How things change...

Originally posted by Cianan2
    To think,it was halloween night last year when he first walked on to our screens as "vanilla ice" for the party,and i think it was during a Kurt angle-Brock Lesnar feud. How things change...
    Half of that is true, he debuted the Vanilla Ice costume at Halloween, but it wasn't during an Angle-Lesnar feud.

Lesnar was feuding with Big Show. Angle was forced to Tag with Benoit for the belts around halloween (which in turn, lead to the classic match at the Royal Rumble two months later)

Long live Cena, Amen!
    Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

the more i think of it the worse this match could end. they might want to drag it out to survivor series, this would be good for both mens careers as there isnt much competation for eather man left on smackdown.
    nero please dont be negative this is the ppv of the year (no compation from raws side) Eddie Vs Big Show could work Eddie has pulled out grate matches with worse compediters (rock) and big show is the best heel on sd at the minute
    Brock Vs Taker, Taker is in shape and the croude love him and lesner's heel hurn works
    The McMahons have been known to pull it off on ppv (like stef did with sable but the ref covered them up) but seriousaly it could suprise
    and we could see Matatude in the tag match

Thats just it, Brock isn't in the best of shape at the minute as he's got an injury. Loose cartilidge in his knee, which he is trying to rehab while working through shows. If that backfires however, he'll be, for all intents and purposes a walking cripple come PPV time.

To be honest, I'm not all that negative on the SD PPV, considering Vengeance knocked spots off any RAW PPV that has been out so far. I just don't think that No Mercy will top the critical acclaim that Vengeance had this year.

Nero.

• Advertisement

Brock may be injured,but im sure he'll still give a good match.

Undertakers always injured,but hes always giving Good-Ok matches,example:Hell ina cell vs: Mick Foley-he had a broken ankle!!!!

The thing about KOTR 98's Hell in the Cell which degrades it is the fact the the highest spot of the mactch was an accident!

Even Foley admitted that taking Terry Funk's advice and starting at the top of the cell was the worst thing he ever did.

Taker did a good job of that, but i prefer his one with Michaels. Thing is, those matches were five years ago. Nowadays even when UT is injured, his matches still stink. Last years Hell in The Cell stank up the joint last year. While Angle/Benoit vs Mysterio/Edge tore the house down.

Nero.

Well,i don't remember last years. Was it with Brock?? Yeah,no big bumps...you need them for the cell.

Yep, it was against Lesnar, and it was bad. The crowd were deflated from the tag match before it. Not only that but the feud was getting boring (Brock and Taker had headlined Unforgiven the month before).

I love the way WWE think their fanbase have such a short memory to give us a similar main event each month. ;)

Nero

Advertisement