Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake1 maps

Options
  • 22-06-1999 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

does any1 know where i can d/l a couple of levels for q1 v1.06.
    im playin in work and am bored of the ones in the shareware pak. i want to play the dm levels, but since quake.ie ftp server is down, i need to get em somewhere else and i cant find em at all. so if any nice person can help.....
    ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

quake.ie or barrysworld file sections have the custom maps. dunno where to get the other id maps tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

ask sam for small Q, for the dm maps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, i got some maps and stuff, but they wont work
    i put em in the maps folder in the id1 folder, but it keeps coming up with cant find the folder or the maps or something when i type map xxxxx into the consol.

i am using the shareware version.
    if anyone has a solution or an url where i can d/l a better hacked version for work purposes, id appreciate it
    cheers

btw, is that redbrick account where i d/l the hacked version for home still up and what is the url? koopa, kali?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aquafresh

Here, I donloaded the full version of Quake like a few nights ago (I lost my CD) from ftp://ftp.cc.utexas.edu/depts/ic2/transfer/trans/quake.zip I found it from rozmans.com btw. It's about 27-28 megs I think. Hope that helps,
    Aquafresh

ohh nice one.
    thanks smile.gif

• Advertisement

by the way,

what levels do yis play.
    if i ever get back on the servers, i at least want to know what levels are played so i can sorta learn em.
    i guess dm4 and 6 and 3 are played a lot. what about the em ones?

also, on dm1 there seems to be f3ck all weapons about. is there any secret areas or anything about? coz its boring just havin the gl as best weapon on the level.

ta

Advertisement